[ASU] AFRICAN HERO NOMINATIONS

aggrey otieno aggreywillis at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 1 21:06:00 EDT 2010

Comrades,

We’re writing with some additional information about the 2011 African Hero’s
selection process, and the meeting this Sunday.

For those of you who are new to ASU, African Hero’s Night is a winter quarter
event where ASU brings to campus an African or Africanist whose life and/or work
inspires us. Over the course of their visit, they meet with interested students
at a variety of small events, and are honored at a major evening event with
dinner, speeches, and performances. Past African Heroes have included Dr.
Philista Onyango (of the African Network for the Prevention and Protection
against Child Abuse and Neglect) and our own Dr. Steve Howard, the Director for
African Studies.

This Winter Quarter, African Hero’s Night will be on February 19, 2011. More
details to come!

NOMINATIONS
Please submit your nomination(s) via email to Bethany through bt276609 at ohio.edu,
 by Thursday, November 4 at midnight.

Your nomination should include:
§  Name
§  Title/Position/Job
§  Reason for nomination
§  Whether or not you know/have been in past contact with this person

SELECTION PROCESS
The Executive Board will review all nominations received by the deadline, and
put forth three to five names for the general membership to vote on at the
meeting this Sunday, November 7 at 7:00 pm in Baker 239.

***NOTE: Only members who have paid fall dues are eligible to nominate and vote.

SUNDAY’S MEETING - RSVP
In celebration of our successful fundraisers (thanks to the fund raising team!),
and our progress in reducing our debt, we’ll have pizza and drinks at this
Sunday’s meeting. To make sure we have enough PIZZA to go around, please email
caribethhead at gmail.com;   to let us know you’re coming.

Your servant,
Aggrey

 38 N McKinley Avenue, Apt. 302
River Park Towers,
Athens, Ohio - 45701
+1 208 275 9378
United States of America

Do                           not follow where the path may lead. Go instead
where there is no path and leave a trail.
Harold R. McAlindon