[ASU] Information

wa404309 at ohio.edu wa404309 at ohio.edu
Fri Aug 6 23:52:23 EDT 2010

Dear Colleagues:

   I have three important issues to inform you about and request response as
soon as possible.

   In fall, Ohio will welcome H.E. Festus Mogae, the former president of
Botswana. As part of his visit, the ASU, partnered by Bokamoso Leadership
Forum, will host a discussion forum with him. It will be in the form of
presentation by people on issues relating to leadership in Africa. If you are
interested in making a presentation at the forum, please send me an email with
the title and short description of what you propose to present. Time
allocation for each presentation will depend on the number of presenters we
have. However, tentatively, plan your presentation within a 5-minute duration.
I wish to also add that the deadline to send your presentation proposal is
Friday August 20, 2010.

   I have received a number of requests from fresh students from Africa coming
to Ohio in fall to help them with securing accommodation. If any person needs
a room mate  in fall, please let me know.

   Finally, there is an opportunity for ASU to make some money by working as
OU Car Parking Staff. I got an email from the Parking Services Department. We
have to sign up for the program by MONDAY, AUGUST 23, 2010. We will need
volunteers before we can sign up for it. I elect myself as a volunteer. I need
more people to join me to secure this fundraising opportunity.

Saturday, September 4, 2010
Shift 2 – (Move-In Weekend)	1:30 PM – 8:45 PM	13 Workers Required
(Payment: $350)

Saturday, September 11, 2010
Shift 2	1:30 PM – 8:45 PM	13 Workers Required
(Payment:$350)

   I hope to hear from you on all the issues contained in this mail.

Sincerely,

Abobo Williams.

President
African Students Union