[ASU] ASA - Kenyan Movie Showing Tonight!

Joan Kanyange jk573108 at ohio.edu
Wed Oct 28 17:12:43 EDT 2009

Greetings all,

I hope this finds you well and that you have enjoyed the weekend. Before coming
to Ohio University I was involved with filming a movie with an organization
called "Hot Sun Films". The movie, titled 'Togetherness Supreme", was filmed in
Kibera, a large slum in Nairobi, and deals with a lot of the political strife
that surrounded the 2007 presidential elections in Kenya and how it affected so
many people living in Kibera.

The film is in English, Swahili, Luo, and Kikuyu, all with english subtitles.
The movie is now in the post production stage and has been sent to several
people around the world to have preview test screenings.

On Wednesday evening at 8pm at Room 240 in Baker Center(tonight), I will be
showing this film. It is my hope that you all can pass on this information to
your classes, groups, and anyone else who you think may be interested.

If you have any questions please email me at pb130009 at ohio.edu, or call me at
845 608 3899. Thank you everyone and i hope to see you tonight!

Here are some links if you need more information about the film and Hot Sun

Films.

Company Website:                    Http://www.hotsunfilms.com

Togetherness Supreme Blog:          Http://kiberakid.blogspot.com

The Ogiek Project Blog:             Http://protectorsoftheforest.blogspot.com

Kibera Film School:                 Http://kiberafilmschool.blogspot.com

See you all !!

Jason Brayda