[ASU] Thank you

Titus Gwemende tg843808 at ohio.edu
Mon May 11 14:05:00 EDT 2009

Dear colleagues

Just a note to thank you all for participating during the African Culture
Week.We had a lot of activities lined up and yet you participated in all in a
significant way.
A special thanks to those who cooked,drove around picking up different items or
anyone who worked hard to make the events a success.To work so hard for a
voluntary organization is just amazing.Thank you once again.
If any of you happen to meet any of the following faculty and staff,please thank
them for sponsoring a couple of our activities;Dr Creary,Dr Negash,Dr Elmahdi,Dr
Howard,Dr Smucker,Dr Wangui,Dr Adeyanju and Auntie Beatrice.Also appreciate the
presence of any faculty and staff who attended any of our events.As leaders we
will do our part but there is no harm if as members we do this together.

We do not take that for granted.I hope we will have an even better Culture week
for 2010.The unity of purpose amongst different colleagues from different
nations of Africa was special.I believe if we maintain that spirit of community
and cooperation,our continent will be stronger.There will be less strife and
identity conflicts.
Please feel to give feedback on the strong points and weak points of the entire
programme.Email any of the leaders.Our desire is always to host events that will
make our membership proud and the entire university community at large.

As promised at the beginning of our administration,documentation of activities
is an issue of importance to us and as such all that you witnessed last week has
been documented in a remarkable way for future groups to see.Hopefully you will
all see your photos on the website that is currently under construction.

The future is bright!

Enjoy the week

Titus