[ASU] ISU Election results and Cultural Week update

Siphokazi Magadla sm103708 at ohio.edu
Mon May 4 20:14:54 EDT 2009

Hey all,

On behalf of the ASU, I would like to extend BIG congratulations to Kay-Anne
Darlington who was elected as the new ISU president this evening. Kay-Anne is
succeeding Bella. On behalf of the organization it is absolutely fantastic
that ASU has repeatedly produced leaders that represent the entire
international student community, not just ASU. Again, congratulations to the
new Madam President. You definitely deserve it!

As you know next week is the International Cultural Week presented by ISU.
Applications are open for a talent show on May, 15. If you would like to do a
performance of any kind, please contact me as soon as possible to get hold of
the applications. The applications close on Thursday. Please apply and
represent Africa's uniqueness and diversity!

Big thanks to all those who came to support in the flag raising ceremony this
morning (isn't Baker just extra beautiful with all those African flags?). We
began on a high note; let's keep it like this for the whole week. Be reminded,
tomorrow is the Kenyan Children's Fund at 5:30pm at Irvine Hall. There will
African dance and music performed by the African Studies Association. Raffle
tickets are $5 each or 5 for $20. Raffle items include an iPod, hotel packages
to Nashville, Boston, Fort Lauderdale, Dallas, Philadelphia as well as prizes
from local Athens vendors. You do no need to be present to win. Advanced
dinner tickets are $5 for students, $10 for non-students and can be purchased
at 304 Grosvenor Hall, 309 Grosvenor Hall, 316 Clippinger Labs, and Yamada
House or in Irvine Hall, 12-1 this week as well as May 1st and May 4th at
Baker Center.

Big cheers and Happy African Cultural Week to you all,
Kazi.

"Always in my heart I say I'm a revolutionary. I'm down with those who don't
give up"- Bethann Hardisona