[ASU] In the interest of peace and due process . . .

Andrews Ofori-Birikorang ao377703 at ohio.edu
Wed Feb 18 13:57:26 EST 2009

Hi everyone,

 Well I'm also opposed to the position taken by Dami and Fletcher. What is the
significance of posting the manifestos on the list serve if we are not allowed
to comment on them. What is the guarantee that the all the questions and
comments of most members on the manifestos will be given full consideration
during the debate especially given the limited time we will be operating within?

 Let everyone get on board with their comments and opinions, and it doesn't
matter whether your position shows which side you support, that is the beauty of
democracy- free expression,free choice, and free comments offered in sincerity
and honesty. In fact there is nothing wrong with a member's open declaration of
choice of candidacy. Why would I nominate candidate A over B, and pretend as if
my choice of preference is neutral  The only exemption from this category should
be the members of the electoral committee.

In fact rather seeing the comments as collusive or adversarial to the
candidates, we should begin to see them as another way of whipping up interest
in the organization. Already, am very hopeful that the last few postings
including the manifestos will help boost attendance at the debate and next
GB/Election night.

So let our members get on board with their free comments and questions. There is
no better way for members to gear up for the debate than through what has so far
transpired through this medium. Above us all, some of the postings have shown
great analytical skills and critical thinking- the very reason why we are here
in Athens.

Peace and Blessings upon Africa!!!

Andy