[ASU] ASU GB minutes & Cultural Week update

sd286308 at ohio.edu sd286308 at ohio.edu
Tue Apr 14 14:29:36 EDT 2009

Hello everyone

Please find attached minutes from our last GB meeting. Also as you are all aware
we will be having our Cultural week celebration from the 4th of May to the 9th
of May. Tickets for the Cultural Night are already out and can be purchased from
the following sources for only $5.

     - ISFS Office - Baker 348
     - Joan Kanyange (740 274 0209)
     - Sarah Danso   (614 753 6406)
     - Mercy Aggrey  (848 448 4922)
     - Titus Gwemende (740 591 5527)
     - Sipokazi Magadla (740 541 1742)

Below is the activities outlined for the cultural week. Details on time and
venues for some activities will be communicated to you in due course.

•	Monday, 4th May – Flag raising ceremony at Baker center

•	Tuesday, 5th May - African Languages Club* and
                           The Kenyan Children’s fund raising dinner

•	Wednesday, 6th May - Africa Open for business/
                             Dress African, Look African

•	Thursday, 7th May – African cultural fair/exhibition (Howards Square)
                            Dress African, Look African
                            Group Photo Session  (12:30pm, Howards Square)

   * Persons interested in exhibiting at the cultural fair or selling their
     artifacts should please contact Joan Kanyange (740 274 0209)

•	Friday, 8th May – African Movie Night

•	Saturday, 9th May – Cultural Night /Battle of the DJs. (Walter hall)

Hope we all participate in and contribute to the success of our cultural week.
Thank you and enjoy the rest of your week.

Sarah O. Danso
Publicity Secretary (ASU)

Graduate Assistant (Design)
African Studies, Ohio University