[Aphio-L] Chapter Minutes 8.30

Jillian Barcia communications.aphiodeltagamma at gmail.com
Sun Aug 30 21:37:55 EDT 2015

Hey everyone! Have a great week!

Chapter Minutes 8.30

President

   -

   Execs are Sundays at 8 in Morton
   -

   Office Hours are Mondays from 1-2 at West 82
   -

   Next week, chapter will be on Monday due to the long weekend

Jboard

   -

   Grades are due tomorrow at midnight
   -

      If your grades are not in you will be on probation
      -

   In 3 weeks we will start nominations and elections in 5 weeks
   -

      2 service week, 2 service, 1 membership, 2 pledge educators, 2
      fellowship, 1 president, 2 ombudsmen, 2 fundraising, 1 communications, 1
      sergeant at arms, 2 charity chairs, 1 treasurer
      -

   Membership is being broken into two separate positions
   -

      Membership: essentially they will be responsible for rush and
      membership retention
      -

      Pledge Educator: essentially they will be responsible for helping the
      new members through the pledge process
      -

   Service week will be responsible for mandatory event in both spring and
   fall semsters
   -

      Fall will be national service week
      -

      Spring will be national youth service day
      -

   We no longer have Youth Service Chairs because the position has been
   merged into Service. The Service chairs will be responsible for everything
   Youth Service related except for the mandatory event in the spring that
   will be lead by Service Week
   -

   We will no longer have Relay for Life or 5k chairs. These positions have
   been merged into what is now the Charity Chairs. They will be responsible
   for one of the mandatory events in the fall semester. The people elected to
   this position will have the ability to change up the event that we do in
   the fall meaning we do not need to continue to have a 5k if they or the
   chapter do not want to continue. Please note that Relay for Life is no
   longer a mandatory event.
   -

      Team Captain for both relay for life and bobcathon
      -

      Can plan smaller charity events in either semester but they will not
      be mandatory
      -

   If you wish to go associate or early alum this fall you have until
   tomorrow at midnight to let us know. We have an event on the website please
   follow the directions of the event.
   -

   If you are on probation you have until tomorrow at midnight as well to
   let us know you wish to make an appeal or the decision is final. This
   excludes the people who turn in grades late.
   -

   Changing name: National Service Event Chair

Ombudsmen

   -

   Will be sending out an email with financial aid forms within the next
   week
   -

      We will provide info on what information is needed and when forms are
      due
      -

   Do you want us to continue themes?

Jboard

   -

   $50 for actives
   -

   $15 for associates
   -

   You have 3 weeks including tonight to pay me dues before they are raised
   $5 a chapter
   -

      September 20th - dues are raised to $55
      -

      November 1st - everything is due
      -

   All dues MUST be submitted by week 10
   -

   If you need a payment plan, come talk to me
   -

      Payment Plan
      -

         We will agree upon an amount that you MUST pay each Sunday
         -

         If you fail to pay on any Sunday, your dues are going up $5
         -

            Please talk to me first if you have a valid reason why you
            can’t pay dues that week

Leadership

   -

   Start thinking about positions you may want to run for. I have added an
   event on September 18th to get an idea
   -

   Regionals - November 13th-15th in Cincinnati, interested event on website
   -

   Interchapter - Plans to have at least 1 service event with another
   chapter and 3 fellowship

Service

   -

   Weeklies up tonight
   -

   If you have outside hour requests, turn them in
   -

   There are already many service opportunities on the website so sign up
   (PawPaw Festival, Pumpkin Fest, Discovery Kids, West Elementary etc.)
   -

   PawPaw Fest Form and Dog Walking Forms.
   -

   ATCO bowling sign up! We really need people.
   -

   No Hats for Heads this week.
   -

      We need an organizer. It will be in Baker this semester.
      -

   Pop Tabs/Box Tops turn those in.
   -

   GKTW Winter Trip
   -

   Reminders:
   -

      We need complete and legible sign ins. This means all shifts, and not
      multiple sign ins for the same event.
      -

      Sign Ins need to be turned in ASAP. (Like within a couple weeks)
      -

      You can rollover a MAX of 4 hours between 5k and Service Week, and
      unlimited from Fundraising.
      -

      Donations need to be $10 worth and we need a receipt.
      -

      You can have a max of 6 outside hours and 4 donation hours.
      -

      You need 14 service hours.

Membership

   -

   RUSH

   -

   Informal: September 15th, Baker Ballroom, 7:00-8:30
   -

   Formal: September 16th, Walter Rotunda 7:00-8:30
   -

   If you have anyone interested in rushing let us know!
   -

   Big Applications will be sent out to you. Only taking paper copies, none
   via e-mail.
   -

   Rush T-shirts
   -

   Spring 2015 Pledge Class T-Shirts

Fellowship

   -

   Keep an eye out on website for events
   -

   Family heads - email us

Historian

   -

   Send me pictures to put in the Rush Video!
   -

   Starting next week I will award:
   -

      Brother of the Week
      -

      Exec of the Week
      -

      Pledge of the Week (When we have pledges)
      -

      - If anyone has any ideas for the video
      -

      or rush posters hit a gurl up!
      -

         I rushed APhiO because…
         -

Fundraising

   -

   Thank you #GoGreen15 volunteers! We had enough people from A Phi O to
   earn us some cash so you all got a fundraising hour as well as service.
   Next week we will be bringing the bin of stuff to sell. we have hats,
   tumblers, tanks, and other random knick knacks. once we take inventory
   prices will be determined and posted on fb this week. spend $10 to get an
   hour.
   -

      Chipotle fundraiser? we’re waiting to hear back on that we would love
      to hear your ideas for new events

5k

   -

   September 26th at 12pm!
   -

      Kids on Campus
      -

      Send us t-shirt designs
      -

      Events will be up soon
      -

      Committee meet us after chapter

Faculty Pageant

   -

   February 22

PR

   -

   If you aren’t following all things APO, start now!!
   -

      Twitter: @APhiODeltaGamma
      -

      Facebook pages

   -

   With rush coming up, starting tweeting pictures, why you love APO,
   service events and such
   -

      Keep a look out for tweets regarding rush to favorite/retweet/respond

Awards

   - If you did not sign up on the website with your birthday, email me so
   I can add it to the excel

One love,
--
*Communications Chair*