[Aphio-L] Chapter Minutes 9/28

APhiO Delta Gamma Secretary secretary.aphiodeltagamma at gmail.com
Sun Sep 28 21:57:18 EDT 2014

Minute Quiz:

1) What time do you need to be at the 5k on Saturday?

2) When is the financial aid form due?

3) What should you get to eat on Tuesday?

Guest Speaker: Shoshana Blair- Get Swabbed

President

-exec meeting Monday 7:30 in Grover W125

-Office hours Wednesday 1:00 in West 82

JBoard

-Nominations for exec board will start next week (October 5th0

-Elections will start October 19th

-Risk Management date not set yet but if you have not gone yet you have to
go

-nominations for interchapter then elections

Ombudsman

-Financial Aid forms are due October 5th

-Question of the week: Do you have any theme ideas for the remainder of the
semester?

-Theme for next week is DENIM!

Treasurer

-Tonight is the last night to pay $50 dues and/or talk to me about a
payment plan

-Next chapter dues will be $55 for actives!

-Please check your dues on the website, if they are not updated and you
paid then please come and talk to me. HAVE YOUR RECEIPT WITH YOU

Service

-Weeklies are up

-Giving blood-submit hours just like you would outside hours but you get
inside hours

-Pawpaw Fest volunteers- its been three weeks and we have heard nothing
back from the organizers so come see us after chapter/email us, include the
time you volunteered and what you did and what day you volunteered

-CSLC SE Ohio foodbank volunteers- October 4th

-UMC Monday Lunch- extra help needed this week

-UMC Clothing Drive volunteers- October 1st 4-5:30 pm

-Indian Mound Volunteers

-Cardboard Castle: This fall OU will be attempting to break the world
record for the largest cardboard castle with a minimum of 15,000 boxes,
which will then be recycled. Will be November 6th-10th at ping with the
actual building taking place the 7th-9th. 54 hours of shifts up for grabs!
In addition volunteers will be needed for events leading up to the actual
build.

-A few reminders: when you sign up to do service make sure you are being
there for the service and be aware of what you are talking about

-Service donations- if we set a time and date, don’t give us donations
after the event

Membership

-Thanks to everyone who came to Activation

-66 Pledges Activated

-Survey is sent about dates for big/little night and Thanksgiving Dinner

-Binders: Make sure you are available sometime for the pledges to interview
you

- If your little did not come to Activation and you need their contact info
see us

-Reminder pledges need 2 family fellowship hours, 2 hours each of service
and fellowship with their bigs

Fellowship

-GIVE ME YOUR SWEATSHIRT MONEY!

-Weekly events will  be up soon

-remember to make/turn in sign ins

Historian

-Picture of the week: each person who enters will receive one entry in a
raffle. The Picture of the Week Winner will receive 5 entries.

-Send me your name and some kind of label of the event that the picture was
taken at

-I will not actively take pictures from your facebook page, you must either
email or text them to me, pictures must be from events this semester

Faculty Pageant

-Sadly we had to cancel the All-Greek Calendar

Fundraising

-DP Dough Tuesday

-If you didn’t give us a receipt for donations for brunch, we won’t give
you an  hour

Youth Service

-Pop tabs & Box tops

-Working on contacting West Elementary for Library helpers

Interchapter

-If you are interested in attending Nationals talk to Caleb

-Fill out the Google doc

5K

-THIS SATURDAY! Come at 9:30, race is at 11

-Games, prizes and Fun!

-Thank you to everyone who tabled

-Dog walking advertising: 2 people per shift, will post opportunities
tonight, include if you have a dog to walk or want mine!

-Look out for emails about swabbing/5K hours at event

Service week

-Events going on November  1st-8th – Check website!

- For those who have already signed up for Walk A mile, the registration
link is in the info

-You are required to complete two hours, pledges too, extra hours can roll
over to service

-Now is the time to let us know if you do not think you will be able to
complete your two hours

PR

-Tweet along this week for the 5K

--
Heather Davidson
Secretary- Alpha Phi Omega Coed Service Fraternity- Delta Gamma Chapter
secretary.aphiodeltagamma at gmail.com
<http://secretary%2Eaphiodeltagamma@gmail.com/740.517.0606>

---------------
http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&msa=0&msid=101225801473282373631.000484a3f599db8aeff2b&z=12