[Aphio-L] Chapter Minutes and Quiz 3/23

APhiO Delta Gamma Secretary secretary.aphiodeltagamma at gmail.com
Sun Mar 23 22:13:57 EDT 2014

Quiz:
1) How much money did we raise for relay?
2)When is Risk Management?
3)What is our new section?

Special Guest: Katherine Marshall from Athens Children Services

-Volunteers needed to help with the garden, Kids Fest, Kids Day at the
Athens County Fair

-If you want to become a volunteer with the organization, you can email
Katherine at  marshk at odjfs.state.oh.us

President

-Exec meeting: Monday @ 8 in Grover W119

-Office Hours Wednesday at 3-4:15 in West 82

-New section chair for section 58, his name is Bob from Capital

- My Challenge: hug your brothers! After the toast song give your brother
on both sides of you a hug, you are supposed to be hugged 12 times a day! J

Ombudsman

-Question of the week: Do you have any ideas for a theme for rush next
semester?

-Theme for next week is: fun hats!

JBoard

-Risk Management is next Sunday from 1-3pm Morton 235, Current pledge class
and brothers who pledged in Fall 2013 must attend, also any bros that have
not attended yet

-Nominations start next week if you're interested talk to current chairs
about the position: youth service, Relay for Life, Membership, and Faculty
Pageant

-Office Hours Monday's from 12:30-1:30 at front room

Treasurer

-All money/payments are due by April 25th, NO EXCEPTIONS!

Service

-Weeklies are up

-ATCO is on Spring break so no ATCO related events this week

-WOUB Pledge Drive Volunteering 7:45-9:30pm tomorrow

-Cats Pajamas- Still need volunteers for Wednesday

-FOTS Pancake Breakfast Volunteers

-PB&J drive, drop off all donations at chapter on the 30th

-Wifflemania April 10-11th, as always make sure you have a full team

-GKTW: trip leader and interest, email us if you are interested, still
looking for a trip leader

-Camp Quality: interest only event is on the website

-Pledges: you can go on all of these trips

- Last week we said that we would be contacting anyone who has over 4
donations hours would be contacted as they had exceeded the amount of
donation hours allowed for this semester.

- It was brought to our attention that after the semester to quarter
change, the chapter voted (May 2012) to change the maximum amount of
donations from 4 to 6 per semester. However it appears that if  this was
past, it was never written into the constitution (and in previous years, we
have assumed brothers would track their own hours).

- If you were contacted about the hours- ignore it. We sincerely apologize
to everyone who has been affected by this, no ones hours have been deleted
and we are working to resolve this issue.

Membership

-This week we will talk to fellowship about signature parties

-Bigs get your service done with littles

-talk to us if you want to run for membership

-History Night Thursday 4/17 at 7:30

-Initiation Friday 4/25 at 7

Fellowship

-Give me your windbreaker money

-Skyzone is cancelled. Sorry!

-make sure you are getting family hours

Historian

-only one senior send off video sent in so far! STEP UP!

-send me more pictures

-if you have questions, let me know

Faculty Pageant

-Tyler Daniels and Chelsea Rose: please contact Danielle to get her your
stamps

-if you haven't paid for your t-shirt yet, please contact Danielle at
740-707-8107, she does not have class Monday or Tuesday this week so you
can figure out a time to meet up

-sorry we are both gone tonight! We will be back next week!

- Want to run for FP co-chairs? Contact Danielle and/or Val!!

Fundraising

-Bring A50 donations to us if you signed up for tonight

-If you printed Bob Evans flyers bring to Jilly after chapter with name on
them!

-Tanks/Koozie sales Wednesday

-If you signed up for March Madness Brackets and didn't give us money then
give it to us tonight or you will be docked!

-Bob Evans fundraiser Thursday 5-8, Remember you must hand them a flyer
when you are paying, save receipts with your names on them, you must spend
at least $8 to get an hour, flyers will be emailed out/put on the facebook
page

-if you are concerned about getting your hours email or text us

Youth Service

-pop tabs and box tabs to Chelsea

-please sign up for the Scholastic Book Fair at West Elementary the week of
April 21st, there are plenty of spots available so take a look

-if you're interested in running for Youth Service position please come
talk to us about it

-please turn in any sign ins you have, we are missing quite a few

- The Kids fest shifts lock this Friday, we send out our volunteer list on
Friday so make sure you can work the 12th because there will be no
unsigning up later

-snacks for schools donations are due today! I will be collecting at the
end of chapter

Relay

-Thank you all!

-Together we raised over $3000!!

- we were the largest team at the event and the second highest fundraisers

- Thank you to Anita aka Stephen Bell and Charliza aka Kirby Flowers for
being amazing miss relays, we won!

- Thanks to Cody Romani for being an excellent cook for the dinner

-Thank you Cami, Kelly, Tracey, Emma, Mackenzie, and Shayna for reading and
signing in the luminary service

- Special thanks to our committee for being so amazing and helpful!

-Come pick up your shirt if you haven't already

-come get entered in some raffles for relay swag! All $1!

Interchapter

-Sectionals was AMAZING! Thanks to everyone who came out!

- After voting, our sections of 56/59 have now been divided into 4 sections

-We are now section 58! Northwest Ohio is 56, southwest is 57, southeast is
58, and northeast is 59

-Our new section chair is Robert Gilreath

-Next years Sectionals will be held at the OSU chapter, Alpha Iota

- We also got two awards in Fellowship and Membership

- The next big event will be the National Conference in Chicago, December
27-30

5K

-Mom's weekend event is up on the website

-Bring your moms for a fellowship hour and some fun

-the 5k will still be October 4th, the majority of you preferred this date
over the 25th

-5k is a mandatory event, unless you have something legitimate, you must
come!

Service Week

-Thanks for all the facebook replies, keep telling us what you advocate
for, for next service week

PR

-Wear letters Wednesday

-Tweet and take pics when you're at service events

--
Heather Davidson
Secretary- Alpha Phi Omega Coed Service Fraternity- Delta Gamma Chapter

---------------
http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&msa=0&msid=101225801473282373631.000484a3f599db8aeff2b&z=12

^Map around campus
---------------