[Aphio-L] Chapter Minutes and Quiz! 9/15/13

APhiO Delta Gamma Secretary secretary.aphiodeltagamma at gmail.com
Sun Sep 15 22:19:29 EDT 2013

Chapter Minutes 9/15/13

Minutes Quiz

1. Who is benefiting from the 5k on Oct 5th?

2. What do you now need if your volunteering with ATCO?

3. Where can you get yummy ice cream and hang with parents?

Goodworks- an organization devoted to serving and helping people struggling
in SE Ohio, our 5k on Oct 5th is benefiting Goodworks. Timothy House is the
only homeless shelter in 9 counties of Ohio and they need help to expand
and provide help to those who need it. They function on donations and need
our help, they have to turn away people because there is not enough space
and they want to help everyone who needs it. Check out the website and the
packet handed out at chapter. www.good-works.net or email them at
goodworks at good-works.net

ATCO- Wayne from ATCO. New rule that you have to bring the applications
from passionworks.org to volunteer, its the law so do it. They make Buckeye
flowers, OU flowers and bowling on Tuesdays!

President

   - Office hours Monday 2-3 in West 82, email him if that doesn’t work for
   you and you want to go to office hours, go visit him

Ombudsmen

   - Question of the week: What did you like/dislike about rush?
   - Financial aid forms due no later than Tuesday by 5pm any late
   applications will not be accepted

J-Board

   - SEND IN YOUR GRADES! By September 22nd at midnight
   - Probation people sorry for the mix up, we will be contacting a few
   more people abour probation after we get grades in
   - Midyear reviews
   - Emergency elections

Treasurer

   - Pay your dues!
   - Call/text me at 440-522-3094 to pay dues outside of chapter
   - Starting 9/22 dues will be $55 for actives and $20 for associates
   - Dues cover costs of mandatory events and shirts and all kinds of good
   stuff to help us run smoothly

Service

   - Weeklies are up!
   - GKTW meeting if your interested in going, meet after chapter
   - Pawpaw sign ins
   - Pick up truck request

Membership

   - Thank you everyone who came to rush! We have 83 people signed up for
   interviews
   - We need big applications! They are due by next Sunday, please print
   them and bring them to us.
   - Give them your rush shirt $
   - We need games! Board games, card games, ect. Bring them to chapter
   next Sunday, Gamenight is on 9/23 at 6:30 in Walter 235 (this is a great
   way to find a potential little!)
   - If you weren’t at chapter last week, please tell us if you are
   planning on going early alum next semester
   - Bid committee see them after chapter if you didn’t get the supplies
   for bids
   - Winter quarter 2012 pledge class come get your membership cards and
   certificates

Winter NOLA Trip

   - See Victoria after chapter
   - See her if your interested in FLL (First Lego League)

Fellowship

   - Upcoming events- 9/18 Seeing the Family at Fun Barn 7pm, 9/21 5k Ice
   Cream social, 9/25 Gatsby 7:30pm, 10/3 5k spaghetti dinner 5pm, 10/6 apple
   picking and pumpkin patch 1:30pm, 10/9 Pumpkin Carving 5pm, 10/16
   Circleville Pumpkin Show, 10/18 Haunted Hoochie 7pm
   - Homecoming Stuff- Sweatshirt: they have 10 designs and will send out a
   survey tonight so vote for your favorite
   - APO Football Spirit jersey ($40) 0

Fundraising

   - Tank Sale: 1st floor baker Tues 11-3 and Thurs 11-3
   - Car Smash: Near finals... We need a car! Any suggestions?
   - Old shirts- we will have some new varieties next week
   - If you want to fun for fundraising next semester talk to them!

Youth Service

   - Calliope Childcare- sign ups will start on fridays now
   - Reminder: we don’t dock for pop tabs and box tops so you don’t need to
   let her know if you don’t do them
   - Sign up for West Elementary Library helpers!
   - Donate snacks for the Plains Elementary first date to donate is this
   Thurs the 17th (Gold fish, cheese its, pretzels, ect)
   - We are trying to start a read week service project again, still trying
   to figure out the details

Relay

   - If you are interested in being a more active member in Relay come to
   the OU planning committee meetings with us on Monday
   - email us if you want your shirt from last year! If you don’t email us
   before next chapter they will be sold!

5k

   - Sign up! It’s mandatory
   - SIgn up for a shirt size or else your getting a large. The sign up is
   on the website for Sept 22nd
   - Take the survey for shirt designs
   - Sign up for donations for the Ice Cream social this Saturday 12-3 in
   Baker Theater Lounge. BRING YOUR PARENTS
   - Registration table is starting up
   - Important dates
      - 9/21 ice cream social 12-3pm
      - 10/1 wall painting 9pm
      - 10/2 5k flyering/chalking 8pm
      - 10/3 spaghetti dinner 5pm
      - 10/5 5k WOOOOOOO! 10am

Service Week

   - Kick CF is on the site! Go sign up! Spots are open for refs, food
   donations and check in/ registration, teams of 8-10 people ($5 per person)
   - Committee- If you missed the meeting that was before chapter that I
   emailed you about see her them after chapter, it won’t take long. We have 8
   weeks, theres a lot to do!

Awards

   - Happy Birthday to Brandon Lucarelli, Carolyn VanMatre and Tyler
   Stallings!

--
Carolyn Gardner
Secretary/Alpha Phi Omega Coed Service Fraternity/Chapter Delta Gamma

---------------
http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&msa=0&msid=101225801473282373631.000484a3f599db8aeff2b&z=12

^Map around campus
---------------