[Aphio-L] Chapter Minutes 9/2/13

APhiO Delta Gamma Secretary secretary.aphiodeltagamma at gmail.com
Mon Sep 2 21:59:35 EDT 2013

Chapter Minutes 9/2/13

President

   - Office hours Monday 2-3 in Baker
   - Execs are Tuesday at 8pm in Grover, please come if you want to know
   whats going on!

Ombudsmen

- Question of the week! How can we make this a successful year for our
chapter? Any new ideas?

J-board

   - Email J-board if you want to go associate or early alum, you have not
   yet sent grades, you have an issue with committees, you need to be changed
   in the website or are having listserv issues
   - Requirements: (for actives)
      - 4 mandatory event hours, 2 from SW and 2 from 5k
      - 14 normal service hours
      - 8 committee hours
      - 2 fundraising hours
      - 3 fellowship hours (1 with your family)
      - You can miss 4 chapters/mandatory events such as rush, ect,
      - $50 in dues
   - Risk management: remember when you wear your letters that you are
   representing APhiO so be careful what you do in them
   - If you go associate dues will be $15

Treasurer

- She will be here next week! So bring you $50

Service

   - Weeklies:
      - ATCO Rec Night, Bowling Crafts: Tuesday 4:30-6
      - ATCO Bowling League: Wed 5-7 (teams already sent our in an email,
      also need 3 more people so let us know if you’re interested
      - ACDS Dog walking (forms): Thurs & Sat
      - Hats for Heads
      - Ray of Hope Donations
      - Kennedy Gallery Guards
   - New Service Events!
      - New event: UCM Thurs & Sat meals (Do not confuse this with Monday
      Lunch at UMC) this event will begin this Thurs & Sat
      - Cat Care at Petsmart: training is required for this event, sign the
      forms (which will be sent via email) and turn them in to us or attend the
      event with someone who has already been trained
   - Service Events
      - Pawpaw Festival: Sept 13-15, register online with the link on the
      aphio website,
      - Cardboard City” Sept 28
   - Give Kids the World
      - The winter GKTW trip is officially booked (leaving Athens Dec 28th
      and back by the 5th of January), If you are interested in going, please
      send us an email or give is your name/email address, there are limited
      spaces, 15 right now, can be raised to 20-25 if more people want to go
   - Eric Hortons Special Announcements!
      - The 4th annual Sunshine Run and Kids Dash! It’s Saturday September
      14th at West State Fields, Registration starts at 8am, 5k starts at 9am,
      kids dash starts at 10:15 and it costs $25 for runners. 75% of
the proceeds
      will go to The Plains Elementary Playground Project (The Sunshine Run
      contributed over $2000 last year to phase 1 of the playground
and now ready
      to start phase 2), the other 25% of the proceeds will go to Project
      Sunshine (Project Sunshine uses monetary donations to purchase foods,
      medicine, clothing and toys for orphans and orphanages in Russia, China,
      Kazakhstan and Vietnam). They need volunteers on race day about 10 or so
      people, 7:45-10:45 and will help register runners, direct
runners, pass out
      water ect), you can also get hours if you run!
      - FourPlay! Quad Rugby Student Organization was created to raise
      money for the Ohio Buckeye Blitz and to raise community
awareness for this
      unique sport. The Ohio Buckeye Blitz is currently Ohio's only
semi-pro Quad
      Rugby team. Each year we host a Pay-to-Play tournament where
      participants compete against players from the Ohio Buckeye Blitz. Through
      the help of many sponsors, tournament participants, donations,
and various
      fundraiser events we work to raise money for the team to help
cover travel
      and equipment expenses. It will be Saturday September 1st. Volunteers are
      needed to help clean up the event 6-8pm, 20 spots, easy hours, clean up
      scrapes and black marks off the court, info is on the website, if you are
      interested in making a team to compete its $100 a team, very fun, talk to
      E. Horton after chapter

Membership

   - Rush is next week!!!!
      - It is mandatory to attend one
      - Don’t email us if you can’t come
      - Wear APhiO stuff this week
   - Formal Rush
      - Monday 9/9 7pm in Baker Theatre
      - Dress up! No jeans... seriously
   - Informal Rush
      - Tues 9/10 7pm in Baker Ballroom
      - Wear and AphiO shirt!
   - Rush t-shirt- order your Rush shirt today!
   - Activation on Thurs 9/26 or friday 9/27? They will be sending a survey
   so take it!
   - Next week we/ll give you all the dates and times for membership events
   for the semester
   - Interview Committee send us any schedule changes you have!
   - If you want to take a little then you need to attend one of these 2
   events: Snacktives Thurs 9/12 7pm Walter 235 or Game Night Mon 9/23 7pm
   Walter 235 (possibly movie afternoon (saturday))
   - Talk to us if you can’t attend either
   - Spring 2013 pledge class cannot take littles
   - We’ll send out the big application soon!
   - Winter Quarter 2012 Pledge class come get your membership card and
   certificate! If you don’t know what that means then you still need to get
   yours

Fellowship

   - Weeklies (Slice Night, Wing Night, Trivia, ect)
   - Fall activities (Apple picking, pumpkin patch, ect)
   - HOMECOMING!
   - Bro retreat/ Cabin Trip/ Formal
   - Family activities
   - If you have any other ideas send them an email
   - Requirements: 3 hours, 1 has to be with your family
   - Committee: look out for an email this week, meeting sometime next week
   - SWAG- Victoria still has sweatshirts and tanks for some people, they
   will be at chapter next week
   - Homecoming sweatshirt 2013- design contest, send in your design, if
   you win you can get a free sweatshirt!

Faculty Pageant

   - It will be benefiting camp quality!
   - Will probably Feb 20th

Fundraising

   - You need 2 fundraising hours! (only 1 can be from buying stuff)
   - Chipotle fundraiser: Tuesday October 8th from 5-8:30 pm
   - Look out for the tank sales at Baker!

Youth Service

   - 30 Pop tabs = 1 hour
   - 10 Box tops = 1 hour
   - You can only do these twice a semester
   - Calliope Childcare is every Monday from 6:15-9:15, its in a new
   location so make sure you check out the address

Relay

   - If you didn’t get your shirt from last years Relay come talk to us or
   send us and email
   - Get excited!!!! Even though its still far away....

5k

-MARK YOUR CALENDARS!!! 5k for Good Works will be October 5th 2013!!!!
Registration at 10am 5k run/1 mile walk 11-2pm

   - This is a MANDATORY EVENT , you are required to get 1 hour from
   attending the 5k and 1 outside hour from doing something else for the 5k
   - Sign up with your shirt size on the website under Sept 22nd so we have
   an idea of how many to order
   - Sunday run and letter writing parties will start next Sunday, make
   sure you sign up on the website!
   - Letter writing parties: bring 5 stamps and 5 addressed a little before
   chapter on Sundays. We have the envelopes and the donation letters, so all
   you need to do is bring 5 addresses and 5 stamps for 1 hour!
   - Sunday RUNday: run/walk/jog with your bros every Sunday in September
   at 3pm to get in shape for the 5k! You will receive a fellowship hour
   - T-shirt design contest! Winner will get an outside 5k hour. It should
   say 5k for Good Works Inc and Alpha Phi Omega somewhere on it, be creative!
   Email designs to 5k.aphiodeltagamma at gmail.comm by September 10th
   - Committee: meet us at the top of chapter for a quick meeting, we will
   be picking sub-committees!
   - *Remember* if you cannot come to the 5k on October 5th you need to
   email us with the reason why and we will find you another hour

Service Week

   - Service week is November 3rd-9th!!! GET EXCITED!!!!!
   - The theme is Respect of Self
   - T-shirt designs already in the process, check out the company at
   companionwaysupplycompany.com
   - We need contacts with the OU Baseball team, Frats/Sororities, and
   Beacon School

Inter Chapter

   - Dates to remember: Regionals November 15th-17th and Sectionals March
   21st-23rd (U of Dayton)

Awards

   - Happy Birthday to Olivia Biello, Kelsey Miller, Sarah Kollin, and
   Maura McGinty! Don’t forget your birthday cookie!

Have a wonderful week!
--
Carolyn Gardner
Secretary/Alpha Phi Omega Coed Service Fraternity/Chapter Delta Gamma

---------------
http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&msa=0&msid=101225801473282373631.000484a3f599db8aeff2b&z=12

^Map around campus
---------------