[Aphio-L] For everyone who will be in Athens over the summer

AphiO Service service.aphiodeltagamma at gmail.com
Mon May 6 20:58:38 EDT 2013

Hello all,

I hope your summer is getting off to a good start! As the title implies
this email is for brothers who will living/visiting Athens this summer, but
if you are planning to be in town for any length of time and are interested
in doing community service- read on!

Over the summer the website will be kept updated with weeklies such as
Monday Lunch and Good Earth Farm. Other weeklies such as ABH, Kennedy
Gallery Guards and ACDS dog walking won't be put up namely because they
require training and/or paperwork in order to attend which would be
difficult to keep track of. However if you are interested in volunteering
with those organizations, get in touch with them as they are usually
looking for volunteers.

In addition we have a new project which we will starting this summer. The
Athens Herb Guild has asked us to volunteer with them at the Dairy Barn for
a few dates throughout the summer and, if everything goes well, potentially
for the rest of the foreseeable future. This will all depend on the amount
of interest is shown for these summer dates, so please consider signing up
if you are interested!

Also since a few of you have been asking- all hours you earn over the
summer *can* be put towards your fall semester total if you choose. There
will be no locking of events or docking of hours as unlike a regular
semester as *you don't have a set number of hours you have to
earn.*Consider it community service for fun/because you can. The only
thing that
will remain the same are that we please ask you to use the sign ups so
people can coordinate rides/see who is going too what.

As always if you have any questions please contact me at
service.aphiodeltagamma at gmail.com. Seeing as it is summer I am trying to
keep the amount of listserve emails to a minimum, so if you are interested
in forming some sort of  'Bro's in Athens 2013' email list - please reply
with your name and email address.

Cheers!

Robert

PS: If for some reason you need to contact us via our personal email/cell
numbers please use mine as I will be in Athens and able to help you!

Vice Presidents of Service
Alpha Phi Omega National Service Fraternity*
*
Robert Burke         Allison Barwacz
937.239.3104             440.212.8108
*