[Aphio-L] Service 'how to' guide link and new service opportunities!

AphiO Service service.aphiodeltagamma at gmail.com
Tue Mar 12 13:22:12 EDT 2013

Hello all,

Attached below is the link to the Service 'how to' guide that was mentioned
at chapter. It is a lot of information I know but I encourage you all, from
pledges to seniors, to give it a going over at least once. As always if you
have any questions about anything please feel free to contact us at
service.aphiodeltagamma at gmail.com (in fact the more feedback we get, the
more improvements we can make to it !)

https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1xTzR1DBBYU8U6oCv8pxegKdS4QTnVWP5Iz8QfeovBIc/edit#slide=id.p

Also we have a few new service opportunities up on the website now:

*Garden Parties:* I forgot to mention them during chapter,  but these are
service opportunities to help out the community gardeners of Athens County
with their gardens. Volunteers will be doing general gardening work such as
weeding, planting mulching etc. We have trips open for Glouster (tomorrow)
and Chancey (March 28th), so please consider signing up!

*Cats Pajamas:  *The Cat's Pajamas Clothing Exchange is a fundraising event
for Arts/West. In addition to generating funds, the exchange provides a
great variety of gently-used clothing to any patron who simply brings
clothes to trade and pays the small entry fee. They are asking us for
volunteers to help sort out the clothes and to help out at the event itself
(April 5th). If you are planning on going to help sort out clothes, feel
free to bring your own gently used clothes to donate.

*Delta Zeta Turtle Tug: *(quoted from the facebook event page): * "Delta
Zeta will be hosting their 6th annual Turtle Tug at McCracken Field on
Saturday April 27, 2013. Turtle Tug is a tug-of-war tournament over Jell-O
that raises money for The Painted Turtle Camp. The Painted Turtle camp
allows children with over 30 medical conditions to attend camp free of
charge! The Painted Turtle empowers campers to make new friends, memories,
build self confidence, and be a kid without having to worry about their
medical condition!" . *You need a team of 5 to register (and to get your
hours) and $50 dollars is the fee for one team. When you sign up on the
website please include a name/number of your team in the comment box so we
don't mix people up! After you have your team, contact the organizers at
mb201109 at ohio.edu to preregister your team. Make sure you include your
t-shirt size when you do this as everyone receives a free tank top and food
for participating.

And that is all from me- Cheers!

Robert and Allison

Vice Presidents of Service
Alpha Phi Omega National Service Fraternity*
*
Robert Burke         Allison Barwacz
937.239.3104             440.212.8108
*