[Aphio-L] Chapter Minutes 1/21/13

APhiO Delta Gamma Secretary secretary.aphiodeltagamma at gmail.com
Mon Jan 21 22:47:28 EST 2013

Chapter Minutes 1/21/13

Good Works Walk: Saturday Feb 23rd, walk for awareness, free rice and beans
meal after and a shirt, all proceeds go to Timothy House, the only homeless
shelter in Athens county and the surrounding counties, if you donate $10
and attend the walk you get 2 hours! Goodworkswalk.net, if you have and
questions ask Rachel Levine or Ellen

Red Cross: 2 Big blood drives coming up, Feb 5th 12-7pm and 13th 1-8pm, if
you are able please give blood, its for a great cause and saves lives!

President

   - Welcome back!
   - Office hours Tuesday 2:00pm-? at West 82, go see our new president!

Ombudsmen

   - If you ever need to meet with us just make and appointment! Email then
   to find a time to meet up.
   - Question of the week: What do you want to see happen at sectionals?

Treasurer

- Dues will be collected next chapter!

J-Board

   - Nominations for fundraising chair (1)
      - Molly Kleman
   - Please send us your cumulative GPA
   - Check your status on the website to make sure it is correct
   - Constitution changes vote: passed
   - Email them if you don’t know what committee your on

Service

   - Weeklies this semester:
      - ATCO: events every tuesday
      - Last Chance Corral: Friday 9:30am-1:00pm
      - Monday Lunch
      - ABH: Mandatory training Jan 24th from 5-7pm
      - Dog walking for ACDS (need to turn in a release form before you
      volunteer!): Thursdays, shifts from 9:30am-4:30pm
      - Kennedy Gallery Guards (Training at the museum on the 24th from
      5:30-6:30pm is mandatory): Shifts Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday
      - Big Brothers Big Sisters Pancake Breakfast: Service hour
   - Possible future weeklies: Passionworks? and Good Earth Farm and Athens
   Herb Guild will start in the spring
   - Other events:
      - Figure Skating Competition at Bird Arena on Feb 9th, training is
      Feb 7th 8:00pm at Bird Arena
      - Polar Plunge: Feb 9th at Lake Snowden (you jump in!) Register
      online the link is on the website and select “Join a team”, our team name
      is “Alpha Phi Omega-Delta Gamma” or search “Robert Burke” under team
      captains
   - The Rules:
      - ALL service sign ins must be turned in a month after the event. If
      you don’t you may be docked the hours!
      - We would like to see a paper sign in if possible
      - Do not leave service projects early unless you have a good excuse
      too (like class ect.) Please just don’t do it, we will find out
if you do.
      - Please keep personal contact info for emergencies only

Membership

   - Rush starts one week from today! Woooh!
   - Formal Rush Monday 1/28 7:30 Baker Theatre
   - Informal Rush Tuesday 1/29 7:30 Baker Ballroom B
   - You must attend one of the rushes, its mandatory
   - Sign up for tabling, share our facebook event and retweet!!! Wear your
   APhiO apparel everyday this week!
   - If you bought a rush shirt give us your $12.25
   - Big/Little applications have been sent out and are due Feb 7th! Print
   it out and give it to us, don’t worry about it if you already send it, Fall
   2012 pledge class cannot take littles
   - Rush Week Events: (You must attend one) Potluck Wednesday 1/30 and
   Game night on Thursday 1/31, this will help you request a little
   - Big/Little Night is ice skating!!! Wednesday 2/27, we will finalize
   the date this week
   - Talk to us if you can’t make it to these events, but still want a
   little
   - Send us your binder info if you haven’t yet (Fall 2012 Pledge class)
   or else you won’t be in the binder
   - Interview committee schedule will be send out this week
   - Leah Zellers and Kerry Crump come see us after chapter please

Fellowship

   - Requirements: 3 hours a semester, 1 hour with your family, must have 4
   brothers at an event
   - Fellowship survey, please take the survey it is very helpful to us!
   The link is on the facebook page
   - Family Info, family heads should plan about 10 events, if you are
   having issues, please contact your family heads, Kappa
   - Family heads who didn’t see us before chapter see us after
   - Upcoming events: Slice night wednesday 6:30pm at Courtside, Gangster
   Squad Thursday 6:55pm at the Funbarn, meet in Morton Parking Lot at 6:20pm,
   Skyzone, Overnight retreat
   - We still have extra homecoming sweatshirts, get them!
   - Bros in different arena codes t-shirt, $16 see Victoria after chapter
   - Spirit wear ideas?

Relay

- It’s 2 months away get excited!!!!

   - Committee, we have our first meeting Thursday at 8:30pm, the room is
   going to be booked tomorrow so check your email. We will send out a
   reminder 24 hours in advance and post one on the facebook page. It is VERY
   important you attend this. If you cannot contact us asap!

Faculty Pageant

   - Saturday Feb 16th! Sign up on the website
   - Hours: Get a professor!!!! Tabling for presale tickets on the website,
   bring 2 non aphio friends to the pageant, chalking and flyering tba, buy a
   shirt
   - Shirts are $10, you get an hour for buying one, sign up on the website
   Jan 27, give us your money after chapter
   - Will Kelly Schlabach, Christine Thiery, Alex Kairys, Drew Sanders,
   Julia Scrofano, Miranda Williams, Natalie Zelich, Valison please see us
   after chapter

Fundraising

   - Summary of the semester
   - Grilled cheese sale friday or saturday look on the website
   - BW3 fundraiser Feb 4th, make sure you save your receipt
   - Mom’s weekend sales
   - Sunglasses!
   - Committee answer my email!!!
   - Contact them with questions, concerns, and ideas!

Service Week

   - Run to be co-chairs with Jamie Roberts!
   - Service week is not until next semester but its time to start planning

Inter Chapter

- Sectionals is March 22-24

   - Committee meet in the back after chapter!
   - Jasmine Garcia, Kylie Harkins, Lyndsey Noftz, Madison Gliem, Mary
   Mushaben, Sarah Csongei, Stephen Bell
   - Pick up your Delta Gamma style tshirts

Awards

   - Happy Birthday to Julia Scrofano and Katie Kulasa!!!

Announcements

   - No spring break GKTW trip but there will be one summer and winter
   - Theres lots of t-shirts, buy them
   - Athens Beautification speaker next week

--
Carolyn Gardner
Secretary/Alpha Phi Omega Coed Service Fraternity/Chapter Delta Gamma

---------------
http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&msa=0&msid=101225801473282373631.000484a3f599db8aeff2b&z=12

^Map around campus
---------------