[Aphio-L] Pledges and Graduating Seniors!!

Jacob Hagman jacob.hagman at gmail.com
Fri Apr 26 16:47:16 EDT 2013

I'm going to try and kill two birds with one e-mail.

Pledges,
     Congratulations on initiation tonight!  I am sorry to say that I am
unable to make it to the ceremony tonight.  The duties of being a father
are taking priority tonight.  I want all of you to know that I am very
proud of you and can't wait to officially call you all BROTHERS!!  You put
a lot of work into this Semester, both from an academic and fraternity
standpoint.  You should be proud of yourselves.  I know that I am proud of
all of you.

Graduating Seniors,
     I am sorry for using the G-word, but it is true.  You are all
graduating, and I am lucky enough to join you in this step forward.  It has
been a long 4 or 5 years for you, but all of you came out of this
life-changing experience better people.  Take everything that you have
learned from Ohio University and Alpha Phi Omega and apply it to this next
stage of your life.  Remember that you should always: Be a Leader, Be a
Friend, Be of Service.
     From a personal standpoint, I am beyond honored to be graduating with
all you.  When I first came to Ohio, I was welcomed with open arms by the
brothers of Alpha Phi Omega.  When I decided to go back to college and
enroll in classes, some of the most supportive people were the actives in
APO.  When my son was born, some of the first congratulations (and offers
for babysitting) were from Brothers.  For as much as I hope I have touched
your lives, I want all of you to know that you have all touched my life.  I
would not be the husband/father/advisor/academic that I am if it wasn't for
you.  So from the bottom of my heart, Thank you!

In LFS,
Jacob "Buddha" Hagman

P.S. Here is one more picture of Judah!