[Aphio-L] Chapter Minutes and Quiz 4/14/13

APhiO Delta Gamma Secretary secretary.aphiodeltagamma at gmail.com
Sun Apr 14 22:48:15 EDT 2013

QUIZ!!!!

1. When is Duel for schools?

2. What day can you vote for student Senate/Vote Voice?

3. What Color is your family for color wars?

Phi Sigma Pi- Duel for the schools next weekend! Saturday April 20th at
noon at South Beach. Proceeds will go to help the plains elementary to help
build a new play ground. Its like amazing race and the first 3 teams and
those teams get to choose a charity that some of the money will help. You
will get a shirt, fest glasses and a draw string bag!! And its being
catered by Brennans!

Student Senate- The VOICE! Votevoiceou.com check it out to read about their
platform, they want to add a smoothie bar in ping, make the bus system
better and help you all! Voting is April 18th this thursday! Its all online
and you can find it on the OU main page on April 18th

President

-Office Hours- Tuesday and Thursday Baker 312

Ombudsmen

-Question of the week- What kind of games would you like to see at color
wars?

J-Board

-Elections! Faculty Pageant (2), Relay for Life (3), Youth Service (2)

-Election Process- Each nominee will speak one at a time and have no more
than 2 minutes each, the order candidates will speak will be alphabetical
based on last name. After giving a speech the candidate will be asked
questions if applicable. The candidate will then leave the room and the
Chapter will have time to comment. Candidate will then be brought back in
if any comments need to be answered. Pledges cannot vote. Please remember
to vote for the correct number of people for each position. If you have any
comments or questions and you wish to remain anonymous, please send them to
the ombudsmen account.

Treasurer

-Pay your dues if you haven’t and remind associates if you know any

Relay

-Please be patient as we upload hours from Mom’s weekend over the next
week! Expect an email from us confirming whether your hours are supposed to
be ‘mandatory’ ‘service’ or ‘fundraising’

-We have loved being your Relay chairs! Good luck to everyone running
tonight!

Service

-Wiffleball tournament 4/21

-Run on the Ridges 5k 4/21

-Race for a Reason 4/27 (We can run for ACDS!!!!)

-Mom’s walk- We decided to give hours for it (thanks to pledges asking) so
if you attended, please sign  the paper in the front!

-People who attended EXPO technical difficulties with the website are
preventing us from amending hours!

-Its that time of the year! Please get missing sign ins to us, pledges need
the hours

-If you attended Athens Beautification Day the sign in is up front

-Leaving equipment/trash at beautification day

-Who has the AphiO shovels? (they are the 2 old looking ones)

Membership

   - History Night Thursday 4/18 met in Walkter 135 by 7:45, wear whatever
   this event is especially important if you have a little
   - Initiation Friday 2/26 meet in Walter 135 by 7:15 dress up!!
   - Please sign up on the website so we know how many people will be there
   - Ideas for Rush- Hunger games? I VOLUNTEER! Give us more ideas!
   - Any interest to work on the binders toward the end of the summer (it
   would be your committee hours for the fall) let us know!

Fellowship

   - We brought a Zoo to yOU! 4/17 3-6pm Howard Hall Sited
   - Italian night 4/17 5-8pm $7 Baker Ballroom
   - COLOR WARS! 4/21
   - Tiedying
   - Picnic 4/27 sign ups will lock and close this friday 4/12
   - Study tables TBA
   - Movie Night TBA
   - Swag! Not in yet, should be in this week!
   - Color war shirts won’t be in until after the color wars.... youll be
   able to dye them whatever color you want!
   - Turn in sign ins
   - 3 fellowship hours (1 with your family) You have 3 weeks left!
   - Color War Teams
      - Beta/Pi-Green
      - Theta- Blue
      - Lamnda-Turquois
      - Iota- Purple
      - Epsilon/Zeta- Yellow
      - Kappa/Mu- Pink
      - Nu/Rho- Teal
      - Signma/Psi- Orange
      - GET EXCITED!!!!

Fundraising

- Monday 4-7 Fest Tanks

   - Tuesday 4-7 Fest Tanks
   - Wednesday 4-7 Fest Tanks
   - Thursday 11-4 Fest Tanks
   - Saturday 3-4 Grilled Cheese Sale
   - Saturday Grilled cheese sale donations (TBA)
   - Only other chance is to buy merchandise
   - All hours (except this weeks) will be updates by Wednesday. We will
   send out an email when they have been updated. Please hold off on emails
   until Wednesday. Check your hours then let us know if there are problems.
   - Reminder- Not getting your hours results in probation
   - Committee sign up for extra shifts to get your extra committee hours!
   - Hats, Tumblers, Glasses, and Tanks will be up front at the end of
   chapter

Both GKTW groups turn in money!

Youth Service

   - Kids Fest is this Saturday, sorry about cutting shifts
   - Pop tab competition! Winning family wins a pizza party!

Historian

   - Send him pictures
   - Seniors look out for chords

Service Week

   - Help us! Cami and I are brewing up some ideas for Service Week, but we
   want your suggestions for great events during the week, our theme is
   Respect for Self
   - Committee meet us in the middle after chapter

Inter Chapter

   - Shirts Bro! If you registered and paid you can come get one at the end
   of chapter.
   - If you have to pay us we will gladly accept your dollars!

Awards

   - Happy Birthday to Jasmine Arnold, Mesha Baylis and Ashley Angelo!

--
Carolyn Gardner
Secretary/Alpha Phi Omega Coed Service Fraternity/Chapter Delta Gamma

---------------
http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&msa=0&msid=101225801473282373631.000484a3f599db8aeff2b&z=12

^Map around campus
---------------