[Aphio-L] First winter chapter minutes!

APhiO Delta Gamma Secretary secretary.aphiodeltagamma at gmail.com
Tue Jan 10 19:11:09 EST 2012

PRESIDENT

   - Seth from empower - Dads weekend beer tasting tickets 1/21/12
   - Message from Julie- GKTW message awesome representatives and
   outstanding students! Much thanks!

HISTORIAN

   - Notes to seniors go around every chapter
   - Seniors will get baggy of nice notes from bros

RUSH

   - Informal : January 9th (Monday) 8-9 in Baker Ballroom
   - Formal : January 10th (Tuesday) 8-9 in Baker Ballroom
   - *You must come to at least one rush date or it will count as one of
   your missed mandatory events..**

   INFORMAL RUSH

   - *Will be sitting in random seating (colored note cards)
   - *After the presentation you will be asked to communicate with the
   potentials in the crowd.
   - *Answer any questions they may have
   - * Tell them about your experience with APhiO

   FORMAL RUSH

   - *Speed dating!
   - *Will try to space people out better in order to allow for better
   hearing.
   - *We NEED people to step up and be bigs! Lots more rush during winter!!
   - * We are going to try to space out little's so families don't become
   huge or super tiny.
   - **Give them to me at one of the two rush days**

OMBUDSMEN

   - Financial aid forms are available:

  1.      Contact us at ombudsmen.aphiodeltagamma at gmail.com
  2.      We'll send you a financial aid form
  3.      Fill it out and send it back to us by deadline TBA
  4.      We'll let you know if you meet the requirements
 Reminders:
  1.      Process is completely anonymous
  2.      Even if you've qualified for financial aid in the past, you must
re-apply this quarter!

   - Any suggestions, email ombudsmen!

J-BOARD

   - Send GRADES!
   - Just GPA, copy it from myohio
   - Send by week 4 or INACTIVE
   - Do NOT make your own sign in sheet for chapter
   - Fellowship nominations: Victoria Vincent

FELLOWSHIP

   - Formal !
   - When: February 25th
   - Where: OU Inn
   - -Appetizers/Drinks will be served, not a full plated meal
   - Cost: $20 per person
   - - 160 people max, Tickets will be available starting next week at
   chapter!
   - First come first serve!!
   - Theme: Murder Mystery
   - Fellowship of week:
   - Slice Night! Wednesday @ Courtside 6:00 pm

MEMBERSHIP

   - *fill out big application!!!!
   - Activation!
   - -Thursday, Jan. 19th
   - -Walter 135
   - -7:00 pm
   - Big/Little Night
   - -Thursday, Jan. 26th
   - -Time and Place TBA
   - History Night
   - -Thursday, March 8th
   - -Walter 145
   - -7:00 pm
   - Initiation
   - -Spring Quarter!!
   - -in preparation for semester transition

SERVICE

   - Ava Nichols faculty pageant
   - March 7 7pm Baker Ballroom- wohooo!!
   - Information on your Outgoing Faculty
   - Take a faculty information form (next week will be available)
   - Talk your faculty
   - Send us their emails and names so we can email them.
   - Please sign up for the event on the APO website.
   - Your attendance is appreciated
   - We need two outgoing people to host the event.
   - If you are interested please talk to me or Gracie Levally
   - You will get service hours for this
   - Committee
   - Meet very quickly after chapter in middle of Morton
   - Normal Committee Meetings:
   - Mondays
   - 7 p.m.
   - Mackinnon Hall Basement
   - WEEKLIES
   - MONDAY 1/9:
   - Monday Lunch: 9am-2pm, 1 hour shifts
   - Calliope ChildCare: 5:40-8:15, 2 people
   - TUESDAY 1/10:
   - ATCO Uno: 3:30-4:30, 3 people
   - ATCO Crafts: 4-5, 5 people
   - ATCO Rec Night: 4:30- 6, 10 people
   - WEDNESDAY 1/11:
   - ATCO League HELPERS: 5-7PM, 5 people
   - (hopefully!!!) Hats for Heads: 7-9PM, 10 people
   - FRIDAY 1/13:
   - Last Chance Corral: 9am-11am, 10 people
   - Kennedy Guard(must be trained!) 12-5, 2 shifts, 2 people each
   - Kennedy Guard Training: time to be announced asap
   - Interested in ABH or Kennedy Guard
   - For either of these, you need to be trained!
   - On the website tonight along with weeklies there will be sign ups if
   you would like to be trained for either ABH or Kennedy Guard
   - ABH is WEDNESDAYS from 3:30 to 5PM, you MUST GO EVERY WEEK
   - Kennedy Guard is FRIDAYS from 12-2:30 or 2:30-5, don't go every week,
   a couple of shifts per quarter
   - ATCO bowlers
   - if you haven't emailed us back yet, please find Sarah after chapter or
   email tonight if possible!!
   - just need to know if you would like to still bowl this quarter,
   remember its Wednesdays from 5-7PM, $4 a week
   - if you weren't a bowler last quarter, but would like to be, as soon as
   we know if and how many spots are available, we'll send an email for new
   bowlers!
   - Interested in running for service chair - talk to service chairs!
   (they’re friendly!)

5K

   - Active for ATCO!!
   - When: Saturday, March 3rd 2012
   - Location: Ping!
   - Supporting: ATCO
   - 5k is the MANDATORY service event this quarter...Everyone needs 2
   hours...
   - 1 hour=attending 5k
   - 1 hour=letter writing parties, tabling, flyering, donations, and other
   fun stuff.
   - *Letter writing party dates and times will be announced next Sunday at
   chapter so please bring planners!
   - Our goal is to NOT send mass e-mails, so we will be sending just 1 a
   week, so please read that e-mail. No need to repeat things at chapter and
   make it longer if everyone reads their e-mails!
   - *if you cannot attend 5k, contact chairs and make up other hour
   - If you can NOT attend the 5k please just get in contact with us
   through our e-mail 5k.aphiodeltagamma at gmail.com and we will be happy to
   find you another hour so you don't get deactivated.
   - For our massive 5k committee...
   - The 1st meeting will be held this
   - TUESDAY @ 7:15 PM @ THE BAKER FOOD CT.
   - -We will be splitting the committee into subcommittees so if you are
   interested in planning on becoming an exec. next quarter this is a great
   opportunity to step up and head a sub committee!
   - -If you can't make the meeting please make sure to shoot us an e-mail
   at 5k.aphiodeltagamma at gmail.com and we'll make sure you get committee
   hours a different way!

FUNDRAISING

   - Weekly:Bake Sale Every Tuesday from 2-6p at Baker
   - **This week (1/10) it will be OUTSIDE
   - Need donations
   - Meeting at 8;30 before chapter at morton
   - Will be adding other fundraisers throughout weeks

PR

   - http://www.scribd.com/doc/76691440/Brotherly-News-Fall-11
   - YAY newsletter
   - What does the PR chair do?
   - RESPONSIBILITIES:
   - - Publicize APhiO on campus (invite press to to events, write press
   releases)
   - - Run the Twitter account @APhiODeltaGamma
   - - Help Historian & Awards with Facebook Page
   - - Work with exec board to publicize events, important announcements
   - - Lead committee & provide hour opportunities
   - - Organize Brother of the Week articles with committee
   - - Organize & put together Quarterly newsletter- Brotherly News with
   committee
   - - Work with Historian to keep History tab on the website updated
   - *see Katie (call text beep) for more info on PR
   - Know a cool bro? email PR and let them know!

AWARDS

   - Birthdays over break:
   - Allison Hartman
   - Clasey Walters
   - Ashley Urbancic
   - Alyssa Laturballer
   - Briana Robinson
   - Joseph Eckenrode
   - Mckenzie Hood
   - Carly Damman
   - Emily Antonides
   - Natalie Hannabanana
   - Brittany Wisecup
   - Brady Smock
   - Mallory Runner
   - Lyndsey Noftz
   - Emma Jensen
   - Anna Bergstrom
   - Hannah Griswold
   - Matt Kill
   - Kierra Westmoreland

   - Birthdays last week
   - Katja Slatinsek January 1
   - Sidney Lawlor January 2
   - Theron Andrus January 3
   - Stephanie Brickleback January 6
   - Happy birthday to:
   - Kaylee Miller – Monday January 9
   - Tim Archer – Tuesday January 10
   - Rachel Rutherford – Friday January 13

HAPPY CAN
SUPPORTIVE BRO – Victoria Vincent for stepping up!
ANNOUNCEMENTS

   - If you don’t have a committee, let J-board know
   - Good at promo videos? Let Eric Horton know!
   - Bare on Bricks Feb 11: 10 people or more =$100

TOAST SONG

Wanna good laugh? --> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-yLGIH7W9Y
tehehhe
Have a good week!
--
Brianna McTaggart
Secretary/Alpha Phi Omega Coed Service Fraternity/Chapter Delta Gamma

---------------

---------------
*5k:* 5k.aphiodeltagamma at gmail.com
*Awards:* awards.aphiodeltagamma at gmail.com