[Aphio-L] Chapter minutes :)

APhiO Delta Gamma Secretary secretary.aphiodeltagamma at gmail.com
Tue Oct 18 20:18:40 EDT 2011

Alpha Phi Omega - DG

Chapter

Morton 201 8pm
Hot dog eating contest (snacktime….)
OMBUDSMEN
·         PLEASE DO NOT LET YOUR FRIENDS WEAR OUR LETTERS IF THEY HAVE NEVER
BEEN IN APHIO.
o   especially when they go to the bar
·         B**** Box!!
o   We want your (constructive) criticism! If you think things are rough,
how can we fix them?
·         Please remember that so much that we do in response to your
concerns is behind the scene!
J-BOARD
·         Relay nominations:
o   Laruen Eliot
MEMBERSHIP
·         Family Pi needs a new family head to replace Sara Beyoglides!!
o   please email membership if you want to be
·         Interview Party this Tuesday!
o   October 18
o   6 to 9 pm
o   room TBA!
o   actives pleaseeeeeee go
·         *Sign up on the website for Thanksgiving Dinner (Thursday, Nov.
10!) WITH YOUR FAMILY NAME IN THE COMMENT BOX so that we can see how to
divide up the food and how much we'll need!
SERVICE
·         Kickball tabling – counts
·         Ray of hope
o   Donations will be need to be given to either one of us by Friday at 5PM.
o   OR YOU WONT GET YOUR HOURS
o   Remember, when you are dropping off a donation on either one of our
porches, PUT YOUR NAME ON THE BAG!!!!
o   You could use a post it, staple a piece of paper to it, stick a piece of
duct tape to it and write your name on it
o   'Cause if you don't, we won't know who it's from and you won't get your
hours!
·         ATCO Halloween dance
o   Saturday October 22nd
o   5:45-8PM
o   Beacon school (801 W. Union)
o   We can coordinate rides, as always - please mark if you can drive when
you sign up
·         Hickory Creek Nursing Home Halloween dance
o   Nursing home in The Plains
o   Wednesday October 26th
o   6-8PM
o   10 volunteers are needed
o   Help with refreshments, face painting, and socializing!
·         UCM babysitting
o   This Wednesday, October 19th
o   5-7PM
o   2 volunteers needs, 18 N. College Street
·         Habitat for humanity 5K
o   3rd Annual Run for Cover RK
o   Saturday November 5th, race starts at noon
o   Need volunteers for the day of as well as people to register to run!
o   if we have 10 or more, our logo will be on the shirts!
·         Reminders….
o   Ride to events:  If you can drive, indicate so when you sign up, and
adding your number to the comment box is helpful too!
o   If you need a ride, contact these people BEFORE the day of the event to
coordinate where and what time to meet!
o   Everyone should update their APO website profiles with your phone
number, email, picture, this helps your bros out!
o   Donation Hours : Maximum of 4 per quarter
o   Outside Hours: Maximum of 4 per quarter
o   If you have something you'd like to receive outside hours for, you just
need to email us what you did, when you did it, and contact info of who was
in charge!
Faculty pageant
·         Ava Nichols Faculty Pageant – March 7 2012
o   7pm baker ballroom
o   Started as the Pledge Class of 2010’s Pledge Service Project
o   That year they raised nearly $500 for St. Jude Children's Hospital
o   Last year we raised $1200 dollars for St. Jude
o   Diagnosed with an inoperable brain tumor when she was four years old.
o   She received treatments at St. Jude
o   Make a Wish foundation: Met her idol Taylor Swift
o   Since then it has been a rocky road: stroke, low blood counts
o   Ava is now 6 years old
·         What is it?
o   OU faculty members participate in a beauty pageant (minus the swimsuit
wear).
o   Activities include: Formal wear, question and answers, and the always
popular talent show
·         Ideas for this year:
o   President McDavis, Dean Lombardi, Kent Smith
o   Get more faculty involved
o   Get a student group to sing Taylor Swift song to Ava
o   And of course invite Ava and her family again!
·         Don’t be afraid to come to use when any ideas you have.
·         Will audition MC
·         Ask for form from Gracie or Eric and then give it to profs
·         maybe 10 limit, don’t hesitate to ask
·         Need lots of help! ask your faculty or give us the name of your
faculty that you think will participate.
·         Get as many people to go to the event
·         Join our winter committee if you really want to help
·         https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=1997975228483<https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=1997975228483>
SERVICE WEEK
·         Healthy Fact of the Week!
o   a one oz bag of Nacho Cheese Doritos (approx 11 chips) and Lay's Chips
have 150 calories
o   one oz of baby carrots only have 10!!!!
·         Amesville elementary
o   Try to revamp the playground
o   Restore a lot of things
o   Need lots of people
o   Friday and saturday of service week
·         Full Schedule of Events to Come Soon!! (aka next week)
·         Service Week Committee meeting next week :)
·         Committees will get hours, don’t worry
·         Need you guys a lot during the week
YOUTH SERVICE
·         BOX TOPS.
o   turn 'em in!
o   sign-up for next week.
·         CHANGE WARS:
o   Want pennies!! Silver counts against your total
o   Put silver in other family’s job
o   Bills you want in your jar too!
o   now through the end of the quarter
o   family that wins gets something SWEET
·         EAST ELEMENTARY CARNIVAL:
o   November 4th.
o   5-8 pm
o   10 people
·         WEST ELEMENTARY'S HALLOWEEN HAUNT!!
o   Friday:
o   4-9pm
o   WE NEED DRIVERS. please, please, please!
§  Saturday:
§  1st shift: 3-6pm
§  2nd shift: 6-9pm
o   Sign up! we need more people!
·         In general:
o   Meet at Morton 15 minutes prior to shifts for rides
o   Wear weather AND kid appropriate clothes
o   Make sure sign-ins get to Rachel!
·         Be on the look out for a final email.
FELLOWSHIP
·         THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR HELPING BUILD THE FLOAT AND WALKED IN THE
PARADE!
·         Scavenger hunt
o   WHEN??? Oct 20th, This Thursday  7:00pm
o   Sign ups are online
o   more than 6 per team
o   Meet at the statue on college green 6;45 PM to find out your teams and
get you list of things to find!!! :)
·         ITS GONNA BE GREAT SO SIGN UP!!!
FUNDRASING
·         Bw3
o   Wednesday, October 19 5-8 p.m.
o   You can get your hour by:
§  Attending the event and buying food (alcohol does not count!)
§  Flyer-ing around campus for the event
o   Sign ups are online. Please remember to save your receipt if you do not
see the sign in.
·         Pancake sale
o   time: 8 a.m.-12 p.m.
o   Date: Thursday, October 20
o   Location: TBD (Bentley or Baker)
o   You can get your hour by:
§  Donating items for the event (we need a cooler and possibly a table!)
§  Working one shift of the event
·         Sign ups will be on the website within the next 24 hours.
RUSH
·         T-shirt sign ups! Online
PR
·         Brother of the Week:
o   Ashley Mullins!
o   Check out the full article on the Alpha Phi Omega-Delta Gamma
facebook page!
AWARDS

   - Happy birthday to:
      - October 17 - Lauren Brockman
      - October 17 - Andrea Korman
      - October 19 - Leanna Pitt
      - October 21 - Victoria Vincent

HAPPY CAN
SUPPORTIVE BRO – Beth brink cause she’s a psych major and supportive of lab
and tough behind the scenes job
Announcements
·         5k committee meeting Wednesday 715  at W82
·         2 open spots for NOLA
TOAST SONG

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZtCZOiZ-cg   <--- yay 110 !
--
Brianna "Real Housewives of Athens" McTaggart
Secretary/Alpha Phi Omega Coed Service Fraternity/Chapter Delta Gamma

---------------

---------------
*5k:* 5k.aphiodeltagamma at gmail.com
*Awards:* awards.aphiodeltagamma at gmail.com