[Aphio-L] Chapter minutes! Here comes the sun (do do doo do)
APhiO Delta Gamma Secretary
secretary.aphiodeltagamma at gmail.com
Mon May 9 15:15:13 EDT 2011
Enjoy the sun Bros !
Alpha Phi Omega - Delta Gamma
May 8 Chapter Minutes
W E L C O M E =)
- FACE candidates speak
- want students say in budget & spending
- Matt will drop his presidential scholarship to help others
- vote on may 18
- upload documents for classes and studyguides
- every time you upload, a child in Africa gets a book
- Summer service - Morgan
- in Columbus
- bike tour from Athens to Columbus & back
- 100% money raised goes to James cancer center in Columbus
- rely on 1700 volunteers with checkpoints and opening ceremonies
- more info in e-mail
sydney= designer shades?
come to Dr. LaGraff, Biddinger & Moser’s office on Friday May 13 199
- Round table: Wednesday 8:00pm Location TBA
- look out for email with location
- please come and please be respectful
- Discussing making families equal.
- Please fill out the survey I sent out so we can get your feedback
- Please still come!
- Remember to be respectful and think of what is best for the
fraternity as a whole!!!
- What would you like to see as a fellowship of the week in the remainder
of the quarter?
- Please remember that we are all representing Alpha Phi Omega when we
are at service/fundraising events. Bros who are
- texting, whining, not doing anything
- do NOT drink in your letters, please
- while at a service event make us ALL look bad!
- Why I Relay = Beth Brink
- The smallest amount of money, goes a long way!
- Relay for yourself!
- 5 days til Relay! SIGN UP if you haven’t already
- job slots and times are on the website
$120 for car smash!
- Fundraising after Relay
- Weekly letter writing parties
- Finals week try to have another Car Smashing
- try another Drag Show
- Relay Auction
- Ends After Chapter
- Put Information Down on Paper if you offered a service and if you
bid on a service
- Neat Things:
- Drive to the movie theater and ticker- $5
- Hour of stimulating conversation with as many sarcastic comments-
- Red Brick $25 dollar gift care- $17
- Photo Shoot- $5
- Caricature- $5
- Tortellini soup- $5
- and Much M0re so bid!
-lumary is at 9pm on friday night
-miss relay at 11, guy still needed
-6-9 this thursday bring apo ticket and 10% goes to Relay 7-10 cole-z
rappa. need sound equipment, e-mail
- Chair Volley Ball Tournament!!
- Free t-shirt!!
- Friday, May 13th
- 8:45 AM - 11:30 AM
- Athens Community Center
- Ray of Hope
- Donations due by or BEFORE Friday at 4:00PM to Sarah! Not Steph this
week because she will be en route to Cleveland
- Remember to leave your name in/on the bag!
- Calliope Child Care Watch
- Friday, May 20th
- 5:15 - 8:30
- Saturday, May 21st
- 4:45 - 9:30
- Sunday, May 22nd
- 2:15 - 6:30
All of these times are at Arts West (132 W. State near the cemetery!)
- It's week 7, so make sure you're getting your hours done!
- Only 4 of your hours can come from Relay
- Max of 4 donation hours
- Also please contact the service account about service things, rather
than our personal email accounts
- drug/alcohol survey
- if you missed before chapter, you can still do it and get an hour!
- got o baker 355
- Picnic May 22 1-3 @ Strouds
- Don't forget to sign up on the website by TONIGHT!
- We need these items:
- Cornhole sets
- Frisbees, footballs, soccer balls, volleyballs, etc.
- Water balloons/water guns/Slip-n-Slide?
- Apples to Apples
- Anything else you guys think would be fun
- We will send out an email this week about what food/items families need
- sign ups on website if you have any of the fun items
- Dont forget to send in your picture!! By TONIGHT!
- WARNING: Not sending in your picture means we will be pulling them
- Please make it easier for us and send them in!
- only have 114 right now
- Of the week
- Wednesday 4:25-5:25
- Meet right inside by the rock wall after you swipe in
- Be there by 4:20
- Indoor soccer
- Tomorrow (Monday, May 9)
- Ping, Area A
- Be there by 5:15 with your StudentID
- need a boy signed up BEFORE 2pm TOMORROW
- Scavenger Hunt
- (Next week)Wednesday, 7-9pm
- Meet by the statue on College green
- Sign-ups are online now so that we can get an idea of how many people
want to attend
- up to 6 people on team (put team on sign up)
- each team needs a camera
- winner announced at award ceremony on May 31
- Tag is still going on!
- We are docking fellowship hours
- Have not done recently, but it is written in the constitution
- Too many people not attending events that they are signing up for
- base activities on numbers, so it is important that you go
- Thank you for understanding!!\
- miss more than 3 can make 1 up at exec or round table
- keep in mind hours on website
- elections next week, think about it!
- Health & wellness
- If you signed up, please try to go 30 minutes early--even if you're
10 minutes early it will help!
- When you sign in, just write down when you arrived. Please be
honest! I will change your hours accordingly.
West elementary carnival
- WE STILL NEED HELP WITH CLEAN UP!
- 4 new spots for water balloons
- Make sure you arrange rides with people who have said they can drive
- 1.) Thursday (tentative) Freeze Pop Sale from 12-4 in Baker (more info
will be provided when we find out when we can get a table)
- 2.) Saturday: Mill Fest Hot Dog Sale or maybe bake sale (doatnions)
*Shifts will be from 2-6
*Donations: we ONLY need 5 packs of hot dogs and 5 packs of buns!
* WE NEED A HOUSE!! If you're willing to donate your house, we'll give you
your fundraising hour!
- 3.) Sunday: Mill Fest Trash4Cash
- there were 20 spots that werent filled this week, there will also be
about 50 spots all this week
- please drop off donations at the begining NOT the end of events
- raised about $300 with sunglasses and $100 past weekend!
- Final t-shirt prices:
- Regular: 10$
- V-neck: 15$
- If you want to change to a regular shirt, PLEASE email
rush.aphiodeltagamma at gmail.com
- Money collecting times:
-Tuesday: 12-5 Front Room
-Wednesday: 3-6 Front Room
-Thursday: 12-5 Front Room
- if you want to be on interview committee, think about it, happening
- pre-rush flyers available to hand out (in dorms or house)
- goodbye messages for seniors
- Record a message for your favorite seniors--these will be shown
during Senior Send-off on May 31st.
- Before and after chapter
- May 15th
- May 22nd
- Membership picnic
- Various dates & times between May 23rd and 27th
- Bro of week = Amanda Puckett
- Check her out on APhiO Facebook page
- Happy birthday to :
- May 9 = Sariya Winters
- May 11 = Courtney Ivan
- May 14 = Jessica Diamond
- supportive bro, Michelle Varney- TOTALLY set up Easter egg hunt, props!
- letter writing DO NOT WRITE TO COMPANIES OR PEOPLE HERE-- we will dock
- 730 south pole Ghanna fest McDavis will be there for a speak
Secretary/Alpha Phi Omega Coed Service Fraternity/Chapter Delta Gamma
secretary.aphiodeltagamma at gmail.com<http://secretary%2Eaphiodeltagamma@gmail.com/740.517.0606>
*5k:* 5k.aphiodeltagamma at gmail.com
*Awards:* awards.aphiodeltagamma at gmail.com
*Fellowship:* fellowship.aphiodeltagamma at gmail.com
*Fundraising:* fundraising.aphiodeltagamma at gmail.com
*Historian:* historian.aphiodeltagamma at gmail.com
interchapter.aphiodeltagamma at gmail.com<Interchapterrelations.aphiodeltagamma at gmail.com>
*J-Board:* jboard.aphiodeltagamma at gmail.com
*Membership:* membership.aphiodeltagamma at gmail.com
*Ombudsmen:* ombudsmen.aphiodeltagamma at gmail.com
*President:* president.aphiodeltagamma at gmail.com
*Public Relations: *pr.aphiodeltagamma at gmail.com
*Relay for Life: *relay4life.aphiodeltagamma at gmail.com
*Rush:* rush.aphiodeltagamma at gmail.com
*Service:* service.aphiodeltagamma at gmail.com
*Treasurer:* treasurer.aphiodeltagamma at gmail.com
*Youth Service: *youthservice.aphiodeltagamma at gmail.com
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Aphio-L