[Aphio-L] Chapter Minutes. Happy Week 6!

APhiO Delta Gamma Secretary secretary.aphiodeltagamma at gmail.com
Tue May 3 17:47:26 EDT 2011

   -                Welcome!
   - Spring Spike Charity Volleyball tournament benefitting handicap of
   Athens (interns of student sentate)
      - $25 per team (team of 5)
      - May 15
      - pita pit, chipotle, wendys, quiznos, DP dough prizes!
   - Student Senate Palmer Fest Safety Task Force! (woohoo)
      - sign up will be on the website
      - hand out pizza, safety info, and cups
      - hour of time to participate in responsible drinking
      - 12 oz cup fest & no regrets standard drink size for beer!)
         - info with safety tips
      - Kyle - RSVP President candidate Roger Jones VP
      - affordability
      - academic experience
      - student programing
      - safety
      - Theo & Nicole Ntumba on ballot!
         - question = concert. Yes but not main goal
         - to improve student senate and their goals
         - Sykina - inspirational speech
         - May 18-19. Vote on OU homepage
         - votersvp.com check it out!
      - PRESIDENT

   - DSK - Distinguished service key
      - Given away to one senior who most deserves it.
      - We nominated three seniors we feel are worthy of the award
      - Everyone votes on one person they feel exemplifies all the
      principles of AphiO

       - This person should be a leader in all situations
       - A friend to all
       - Does service above all else
You DO NOT have to vote for anyone if you dont feel like they are qualified

   - Angela Schedler :
      - - Fifth year senior (2008)
      - - Joined her sophomore year
      - - Has been on the executive board since she joined
      - -Had duel positions for Relay as well as Membership
      - -Membership for the largest pledge class
      - -Totally revamped the ombudsman role that we know today

   - Kris Bader :
      - - Joined his sophomore year (2009)
      - - Held service chair position
      - -  Very involved in ATCO
      - - Has the most service hours of all the candidates

   - Bryn Keck :
      - - Fifth year senior
      - - Has been in AphiO the longest
      - -Started the youth service position and has helped continue the
      chair to what it is today
      - - Family head
      - - Comes to events even though she is now early alum

   - Round table/office hours
      - Office hours are back on this week. Sorry for the confusion
      - Round table was very heated. Please come or email me because we are
      extending the topic to next weeks round table

    -Split up all the families?

   -     - Split up just the large families?  (2, 6, 9)
      - Remember to try and think what is the best for the fraternity not
      what is best for you or your family!!!!

   - Color wars
      - Good job and thanks to Liza & Kelsie!

   - OMBUDSMEN
      - Feedback for Color Wars:
      -            -What did you like?
      -            -What could be improved?
      -            -If you couldn't attend, why not?
      - Chapter feedback : listerv is EXCLUSIVELY for APhiO related info!
      (*not

   - MEMBERSHIP
      - membership picnic may 22 1-3 @strouds
         - sign up by may 8th on website!
      - update lineage on website please
      - monday may 2 committee meeting 023 bentley 7-8pm
      - next round table list pros & cons and vote on the 3 options
         - email ombudsmen or JP if you cant go and you want your opinions
         heard!
      - congrats to family heads!
         - family 1 = Bryon McElwee & Maggi Lawlor
         - family 2 = Michelle Varney & Emily Zarack
         - family 3 = Jennifer Barstow & Jess Diamond
         - family 4 = Ashley Mulins & Rachel Reily
         - family 5 = Allie O’Neal & Mackenzie Snyder
         - family 6 = Bethany Carson & Victoria Vincent
         - family 7 = Courtney Cohen & Mallory Jeanneret
         - family 8 = Cody Romani & Katelyn Crabtree
         - family 9 = Cassie Hoose & Alex Doyle
         - family 10 = Nicole Ntumba & Mallory Renner
      - round table discussion
         - families will be altered in some sort of way to bring bros closer
         - up to you how it will happen
         - keep in mind = this DID happen about 3-4 years ago
         - need a chance to get to know each other, be a bro and include
         everyone
         - OPTION 1
            - alter big families (2 6 & 9) to create 11, 12, 13 &14
         - OPTION 2
            - completely start over, create all new families
         - OPTION 3
            - take people from larger families and add them to smaller
            families (1 3 & 8)
         - binders
         - need pics by may 8
         - email to binders.aphiodeltagamma at gmail.com
         - if you do not send WE WILL HUNT YOU DOWN and get an your facebook
         picture

   - SERVICE
      - Winners from our fabulous movie quotes...
      - First time: Tommy Boy Quote -

   - Buddha
            - Kayla Hencsei
            - Rachel Levine
            - JP

Second time:  Mean Girls Quote -

   - MaryKate McHugh
            - Katie Lathrop
            - Mary Lambert
            - Erin Formanek

Third time: Heavyweights Quote -

   - Abby Millar
            - Hannah Rutledge
            - Jenn Barstow
            - JD Bales

   - Monday Lunch this week...

   - We are adding TWO more spots for each shift, they need extra help this
   week!

Also with UCM..

   - Wednesday, from 4- 5 PM, they need 5 people to help pack up their
   rummage sale, sign ups are online

   - Passionworks Metal Cleaning this week CANCELED
      - working at studio with normal shifts

   - Still normal shifts, but we will be working at the studio (not Campbell
   Street) instead!

   - WOUB Pledge Drive

   - Wednesday May 4th
   - Shifts will be up after chapter!

   - Athletes in Action Triathlon (speaker missing...)

   - May 7th, 7:00 AM - 12:00 PM (get 5 hours!)
   - Help with Operations and Clean Up
   - REALLY need help, trying to break it into shifts
   - Make sure to sign up on link provided on website!

   - Calliope Child Care Watch
      - Monday 5:45 to 8:30
      - Wednesday 5:45 to 8:15
      - Rehearsal on Saturday May 7th (normal place)
         - 12-4, two shifts, 12 to 2 and 2 to 4
      - Care Package Donations are up on the site !
   - REMINDER - week 6, check on your hours
   - Sign ins for Relay goes to Relay, Fundraising to Fundraising & Youth
   Service to Youth Service

   - RELAY
   - family 7 won coin wars

   - Carry over to Front Room this week and chapter next week

   - sign your name and dollar amount
      - 1. Meredith Woods- $5

   - Must sign at least $1 more than person before
      - bath & body works
      - RedBrick gift certificate

   - 1 Relay hour for winning each bid
   - Car smashing
      - THIS Friday
            - $1- 1 hit
            - $5- 7 hits
            - $10- all day access
            - We need huge tarps and  a sledgehammer
               - email if you have items!
            - Still need a few people to donate baked goods
            - Drop off day of between 10-11am
            - 1 Relay hour if you pay $10 for all day access

letter writing party

   - we need need need stamp donations!
   - sign up online/ drop off Tuesday
   - Website troubles- you will get your hours

   - COMMITTEE MEETING
      - Tuesday
      - Same time/place

   - May 13 sign ups for luminaries, donating food, running/walking ONLINE
   have to have a job! day of
      - PLEAASSEEeeee sign up
      - 6pm-10am
   - Meredith collecting money for GKTW
   - Why I Relay - Renee

   - Moms Weekend Recap
      - T-Shirts: $1,827.00
         - Chippendales: $527.00
         - Brunch at Union Street: We will let you know
         - Thanks for everyone who helped:
            - Kelsie Shortridge
            - Nick Beck
            - Garret Wimberly
            - Michael Gerbus (creeper chippendale)
            - Colin Miner (kissed moms for a dolla) leid  OUPD
            - Nate Freeman
            - Buddha
            - Kevin Nickolas
            - Everyone who worked sales!

   - FELLOWSHIP
      - Fellowship of the Week

   - Thursday Funbarn (Movies 10)
      - Tyler Perry- Madea's One Big Happy Family
   - Movie starts at 7:05pm
      - play games before!!
      - Meet in Morton Parking lot at 6:30pm
         - please be on time to organize rides
      - "To be early is to be on time, to be on time is to be late"
      - Mark if you can drive when you sign up on the website
   - Soccer

   - 5:30pm
   - Ping Center, Area A
   - Bring your student ID

      slice night 5-7

   - awards banquet

   - Tuesday, May 31- Walter Rotunda
      - Dessert starts at 8pm
      - Awards start at 8:30pm
   - Each family needs to decide on a dessert to bring
      - talk with families & decide what to make
      - MAKE ENOUGH FOR CHAPTER
      - Award for best family dessert
      - vote day of for best shirt
   - Mandatory Event
   - Dress is business casual
   - Senior Send-off
   - paper chapter AFTER banquet
   - jersey money
      - If you have not gotten your money back from Kelsie, you need to come
      get it after chapter

   - Tonight is your last chance
      - Money will be considered a donation to the chapter if you do not get
      it tonight
   - If your friend is not here and you think they may want their money
   back, come get it for them

   - YOUTH SERVICE
   - Head Start Picnic - May 7th  11am-3pm

   - THIS SATURDAY! 2 Shifts  11-1,1-3
   - Help with Grilling, Snowcone Making, Games, and Facepainting

   - Health and Wellness Fairs

   - Morrison Elementary - May 11th  6-8pm
   - Chauncey Elementary - May 12th  5:30-7:30pm
   - The Plains Elementary - May 18th  5:30-7:30pm

   - West Elementary Carnival May 20th

   - We still need people to help with clean up!
   - only 1 person signed up, need help~

Kidsfest was a HUGE success! Congrats to Nate & Alyssa

   - FUNDRAISING
      - Palmer Fest Hot Dog Sale--Saturday May 7th--Tabling & Donations

   - will need things like buns, hot dogs, mustard, ketchup, relish, chopped
   onions, napkins and/or plates, pop, a cooler, bag of charcoal ( 2 items = 1
   fundraising hour)

   - Will be selling in front of Emily Bowman's house (16b Palmer)--Thanks
   Emily
   - Huge gatorade cooler and lemonade packets needed!
      - raised $60! bake sale & easter bunny pictures
      - thanks to the bunnies!

Possibly doing a T4C Sunday after Palmer Fest

   - sunglasses are here! see Sariya

   - If you didn't pay it's still not too late! There are still 75 pairs
   left for sale
      - 2 sunglasses= 1 fundraising hour
      - Can pay for them after chapter or call/text Sariya to meet another
      time

   - PR
      - brother of the week = Meghan Burney
      - Check out the full article on the
      - ΑΦΩ-ΔΓ facebook page!

   - RUSH
      - Event on facebook so invite yourself and everyone you know!!!!
      - PR for pre-rush will be after chapter next week (may 7)
         - CHALKING!!!!
         - Flyering!!!! next week put them everywhere

   - HISTORIAN
      - look out for a video of all of this past weekends festivities

   - AWARDS
      - Happy birthday to:
         - May 1 - Cleo Stoll
         - May 2 - Mike O’Hanlan
         - May 4 - Alyssa Logsden
         - May 5 - Allison McDonald
      - ANNOUNCEMENTS
      - supportive bro : Kelsie and Liza for color wars!
      - find service if you didnt sign in at event moms walk for cure
      - sign up for silent auction!
      - find out who won color wars at banquet
      - DONT WEAR SUNGLASSES AT PLAMER FEST

--
Brianna McTaggart
Secretary/Alpha Phi Omega Coed Service Fraternity/Chapter Delta Gamma

---------------

---------------
*5k:* 5k.aphiodeltagamma at gmail.com
*Awards:* awards.aphiodeltagamma at gmail.com