[Aphio-L] Chapter Minutes 1/30: Have a great week brothers!

APhiO Delta Gamma Secretary secretary.aphiodeltagamma at gmail.com
Sun Jan 30 18:47:06 EST 2011

Instead of an inspirational quote this week, how about a song for you to
listen to while you read the minutes?  =)   I'm currently addicted to this
song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HpixdTlYlKU&ob=av2el

Enjoy!  LFS, Jill
-------
Ohio University
Alpha Phi Omega
Delta Gamma
Baker Ballroom
January 30, 2011
After Risk Management Workshop

-------------------------------------------- Chapter
Minutes------------------------------------------------

   - Welcome!:
   - Ombudsmen: ombudsmen.aphiodeltagamma at gmail.com (JD: 937.902.6499,
   Angela: 937.545.5043)
      - Question of the Week:    Fundraising ideas! - Email
      fundraising.aphiodeltagamma at gmail.com or ombudsmen account
   - Service: service.aphiodeltagamma at gmail.com
<service.aphio at gmail.com>(Kris: 440.476.2005; Gaby: 207.837.0546)
      - Tutoring program:

   - Tuesdays 7-9 PM
   - Location TBA
   - 10 slots for tutors/1 hour shifts
   - Please don't sign up if you're not qualified/can't help a large
   audience.
   - No services hours for receiving tutoring services
   - Service to the chapter!

   - Habitat Trip to Parkersburg
         - February 19th and 20th (yes, sib’s weekend)
         - 50 people for full days
         - Do not have to sign up for both days - need drivers!
         - Interest in staying overnight?
      - NOLA:

   - Reminder: interest must be emailed to the service account by next
         Sunday!
         - People with cars will be given priority, so ask your parents if
         you can use their mini-van!
         - Attendees will be selected randomly, others will be put on a
         waiting list
      - Service star of the week: Colleen Dungey - for stepping up and
   driving pledges to Last Chance Corral!

   - Youth Service:
youthservice.aphiodeltagamma at gmail.com<aphioyouthservice at gmail.com>(Alyssa:
440.478.2884; Nate: 440.376.6244)

   - Sweet, thankful letter about Hats for Heads!
      - Youth Service Day Grant of $100 - $500 - going to apply
      - 10 box tops - 1 hr (only allowed to do it once during the quarter)

   - 5k: 5k.aphiodeltagamma at gmail.com <5kaphio at gmail.com> (Amanda:
   740-517-0154, Bailey: 740-816-1053)
      - Letter writing Parties - look for email about place!
         - Monday and Tuesday: 5:30 - 8:30 pm
         - Don’t send letters to fellow brothers!  That’s a wasted letter.
      - Still need stamp donations!!
         - A booklet is 20 stamps not 10 - either sign up for a letter
         writing party or bring it in to Bailey and Amanda/text/call etc.
      - Tabling sign-ups
         - We need people to work the registration tables for the rest of
         the quarter.
         - Every Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday 10-2 @ Baker
         - tabling subcommittee will sign up first, then we will send an
         email to all of chapter to open sign ups to everyone
         - If you are the 1st to sign up YOU are responsible to get the
         tables from the info desk and pick up the forms and poster
from the Senate
         Office (Baker 309). If you have a problem, please text Bailey or Amanda
      - Ways to get hours:
         - Have 5 people register for the race and PUT YOUR NAME on the
         registration form, you get 1 hour
         - Give us the information for a band, and if they play the benefit
         concert you will get 1 hour
         - Attend the Benefit Concert (Tentatively March 3rd @ BW3's)- get 1
         hour
         - Work 1 hour of tabling= 1 5k hour
         - Donate food for race day ( not until the week of the race)= 1
         hour
         - Help our PR subcommittee (ex: chalking, paint the wall, paint the
         window at Folletts, hand out fliers, etc)= 1 hour
         - ASK/EMAIL me and Amanda, we will find things for you to do!!
      - Stars of the week:
         - Lauren McCullough and Patty Roberts for their work on the 5k!
      - Fundraising:
fundraising.aphiodeltagamma at gmail.com<fundraising.aphio at gmail.com>
(Vanessa: (216) 246-9223, Kristen (614) 257-9361)
      - Puppy chow donations will now be = 2 hours (due to time and expense
      put into it)
      - Email if you have one of those gigantic gatorade containers to hold
      hot beverages
      - Trash for Cash tonight:
         - Meet at Riverpark, building 37: 7:00 pm  - unlimited slots!
      - Fellowship:
fellowship.aphiodeltagamma at gmail.com<ouaphiofellowship at gmail.com>(Jayna:
216.956.8649; Monica: 513.227.2330)
      - Fellowship of the Week:
         - Intramurals!  Low turnout last week so step it up this week!!
            - VOLLEYBALL- MONDAY 5:30, Ping Area B
                  - BASKETBALL-TUESDAY 7:30, Ping Area C-Court #2
                  - Sign up on imleagues.com by 2pm the day of the game.
               - imleagues.com, create an account using OAK id. Hit JOIN
         TEAM at the top right, it will be an orange button. Pick Volleyball or
         Basketball-Coed Recreational. Find the day we play,
MON-VBALL, TUES-BBALL,
         then find Flying Eaglers or our names.
      - Formal info:

   - When-Saturaday, February 26
   - Time- 8 pm-11:30 pm
   - Cost-$15 per person
   - Will be carpooling to the venue...8 minute drive!

   - Please put exact cash or checks made payable to JAYNA PAPPAS or MONICA
   RUSCHER in an envelope.
   - If you have money today please come find one of us after chapter.
   - Monica will be collecting money Monday in the Front Room from 3-5
   - Jayna will be collecting money Tuesday in the Front Room from 11-1
   - Anyone who was in the 2008, 2009, and winter 2010 pledge class has the
   option of attending formal as of now.

   - Membership:
membership.aphiodeltagamma at gmail.com<ouaphiomembership at gmail.com>(Leigha:
614.507.7959; JP: 440.666.8167)

      - Pledges don’t forget to bring dues money and don’t forget to go to
      the pledge meeting tonight!!
   - Historian: historian.aphiodeltagamma at gmail.com (Lauren)
      - Picture of the Week on facebook!
   - Announcements
      - Happy Birthday to Katie RUDEGIRL Devlin and Lauren McGrath!!!
      - Congrats to Colin Miner and Jessica Diamond for answering the
      minutes quiz first!
      - 12:00 pm PLEDGE MEETING and 2:00 pm - CHAPTER - all in MORTON 235!!
   - Awards:

   - Supportive Bro to those who planned Big/Little Night!

   - Adjourn
   - Toast Song

Secretary/Alpha Phi Omega Coed Service Fraternity/Chapter Delta Gamma
secretary.aphiodeltagamma at gmail.com<http://secretary%2Eaphiodeltagamma@gmail.com/740.517.0606>
740.517.0606
---------------
Click on link to view our service map: