[Aphio-L] want something super fun to do this weekend!?

melissa pennington mp215308 at ohio.edu
Thu Jan 27 00:27:48 EST 2011

First, sorry for sending two advertising-related emails in one day, BUT THIS
ONE COULD BE AWESOME.

So every year, ad club does this thing called Ad Bowl, which for copyright
reasons is now called Adstravaganza. Basically, you organize teams of 2-4
people and sign up in Baker this Friday. It's $5 per person, I think. When
you sign up, you are assigned a company that is running an ad during the
Super Bowl this year, and with your teammates over the weekend, you make a
commercial for your brand!

Mostly advertising students do this, but I thought it would be really
awesome if I could get some APO bros to do it with me instead! I have
camera(s) we could use, so really just your creative talent or fun self is
needed!

Here are some of the commercials created in the past:
Dockers <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iy4lKnNMpoU>
Teleflora <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rvlBCARV8n4>
Skittles <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJaHNIZ66TY>
Gatorade <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9XKHm63tbA>

The videos are judged based on different criteria and then awards are
presented this Wednesday at Red Brick at 7:30 PM. I think it's $5 to get in
just because they rented out the basement and it was costly.

EVEN IF YOU'RE NOT SURE, please email me back! I would LOVE to do this with
bros and meet some new faces! PLEDGES TOO!

I am seriously in love with all things advertising and it would be the best
thing in the world to be able to share that with somebody else.

If enough people get back to me, I bet we could have several teams and
totally hog the awards. (:

LFS,

Melissa Pennington
937.901.5807