[Aphio-L] Chapter Minutes: 1/17--"Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail." - Emerson
APhiO Delta Gamma Secretary
secretary.aphiodeltagamma at gmail.com
Tue Jan 18 00:46:19 EST 2011
Alpha Phi Omega
January 17, 2011
- Welcome! Sit with your family!
- Name that active!
- Julie Suhr our faculty advisor is here! And her daughter - a Girl
Scout - is here selling Girl Scout cookies
- Polar Bear Plunge: February 12
- Patriotic theme
- www.sooh.org <http://soh.org/> (find Athens in the event):
raise $50 to plunge or $30 to not plunge, but get a shirt
- BW3’s provided afterward
- Can register online to donate or cash day of
- Contact Ryan on back of pamphlet for more info
- Ombudsmen: ombudsmen.aphiodeltagamma at gmail.com (JD: 937.902.6499,
- Question of the Week: Should service events be put up for the whole
quarter at the beginning or add them week by week?
- Last week’s question and responses:
- How to make conferences more appealing:
- Make them more affordable
- Keep sharing experiences
- Anonymous email account
(anonymous.aphiodeltagamma at gmail.com<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1oJXINDSUolAFUpGW-CId8bQwlmWqS-w5KH73HTyvuj0/edit?hl=en>,
PW: athensaphio) Keep sending feedback to the ombudsmen account!
- *Service*: service.aphiodeltagamma at gmail.com
<service.aphio at gmail.com>(Kris: 440.476.2005; Gaby: 207.837.0546)
- WOUB Pledge Drive: February 1-3
- Hours will be on the website - sign ups will close on Thursday of
- Blood Battle: January 24, 2-8 pm @ Baker Ballroom
- 6 free wings and a t-shirt
- Email et581908 at ohio.edu w/ name, requested appointment time, &
phone number; 1 hr for donating
- Does not count as a “donation” hour toward your limited 4
donation service hours
- Outside Hours? Email service account after your service has been
- When, where, how long, what type, and contact email/number?
- Wear your letters to service events to help pledges identify
- Service Star of the Week:
- Hali Milivojevic wins 180 fiesta straws!
- Great job doing PassionWorks service both times this week and
getting the sign-ins in on time!
- Sarah Csongei: Kids on Campus
- Start with Amesville
- Sheet of interest going around
- Not a weekly or quarterly commitment
- Youth Service:
youthservice.aphiodeltagamma at gmail.com<aphioyouthservice at gmail.com>(Alyssa:
440.478.2884; Nate: 440.376.6244)
- Coat Drive:
- Hey so what’s going on with coat drive?
- Coats went to tornado relief
- 50 hats all made by Gaby Swisher
- 30 scarves
- Going to the Plains Elementary
- Deadline for scarves/hats next chapter!
- Remember - only 4 donations hours per quarter
- hand made scarf or hat = 2 hours
- 2 premade items = 1 hour
- East Elementary Dance Chaperones:
- 6 people needed
- January 21st (this Friday) from 6:30 - 8:30 pm
- 10 box tops = 1 hour
- Sign up online and bring to chapter
- 5k: 5k.aphiodeltagamma at gmail.com <5kaphio at gmail.com> (Amanda: ,
- Dad’s Weekend is this weekend!
- Kissing Booth:
- Need volunteers to be the workers that are doing the cheek
kissing - sign ups will be on the website
- Pie your enemy -
- We need people to donate
- Bengals jersey (or shirt)
- Steelers jersey (or shirt)
- Browns jersey (or shirt)
- Whipped cream
- Pie tins
- Stamp donations:
- Drop off in mailbox at 153 Mill st. OR
- Bring to chapter OR
- Bring to the letter writing parties on Mondays and Tuesdays!
- Letter writing parties
- How do I get my committee hours?
- You can come to committee meetings on Mondays
- Help complete the activities/projects that your
subcommittee heads have
- Help us run the letter writing parties
- Email us and ask us for stuff to do!!
- How do I get my two 5k hours?
- Go to the 5k!
- Write 5 letters at a letter writing party! (mainly just
personalizing the letter, putting it in the envelope)
- Donate a book of stamps!
- Donate food for the 5k (later in quarter)
- Attend the benefit concert
fundraising.aphiodeltagamma at gmail.com<fundraising.aphio at gmail.com>
(Vanessa: 216.246.9223, Kristen: 614.257.9361)
- Puppy chow sales:
- Tuesday: 10:00 am - 4:00 pm and Friday 12:00 - 4:00 pm
- Donation spots available (10 sandwich baggies = 1 hour)
- Red Brick FUNdraiser is in the works
- FUNdraising event survey?
- If anyone has any ideas for events you should.....
- RUSH: rush.aphiodeltagamma at gmail.com
- It’s a good problem to have....
- We wanted to take everyone but couldn’t...
- There are only 400 seats in Morton
- Taking everyone would limit next Fall and Winter Quarter’s
pledge classes to less than 50 new members
- Thanks to Rush Committee, Interview Committee, those who spoke at
Rush, everyone that came to Rush (Even if it was mandatory)
fellowship.aphiodeltagamma at gmail.com<ouaphiofellowship at gmail.com>(Jayna:
216.956.8649; Monica: 513.227.2330)
- Co-ed volleyball - Mondays 5:30/6:15 pm (starts next week)
- Co-ed basketball - Tuesdays 6:30/7:30 pm - STARTS THIS WEEK!
- Sign up by 2 pm on day of game!
- Go to imleagues.com, create an account using your OAK id. Top
right area, click on JOIN TEAM. Find Basketball or Volleyball
Find the correct days and our team is FLYING EAGLERS for both sports.
- Fellowship of the Week:
- All first week membership events will count as fellowship!
- Friday February 25 and Saturday February 26th
- Looking into venues
- Not outside dates to help with size of chapter
- Nicole: Risk management workshop-
- Looking for brothers who feel comforable speaking in public
- put your name on the list!
- January 30th
- Tuesday January 25th - 8:00 pm committee meeting
membership.aphiodeltagamma at gmail.com<ouaphiomembership at gmail.com>(Leigha:
614.507.7959; JP: 440.666.8167)
- Whip my hair bird
- WELCOME ALL NEW (109!!) PLEDGES!
- Movie Night! The Town: January 18th - 7:30 pm Morton 201
- Meet and greet! January 19th, 6:00 -8:00 pm Baker Center
- 6:30 pm sharp! in Walter 135
- Actives: Business casual, no jeans!
- Pledges: business professional
- Please take these events seriously!
- Modified scavenger hunt afterwards, start planning ice-breaking
- Big/Little Week:
- Family heads:
- Family heads: please start planning events so that new
pledges can get to know their
- Mocktail big/little social:
- Best mocktail drink! (i.e. grenadine, oj and lime!)
- Family heads/family names:
- Families 2, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 need 1 or 2.
- Initation Gifts: 80 Mill Apt 3 - drop off gifts there by
- OR at Adjins.... 110 North Congress. 3 by anytime (have to
be dropped off by Wednesday!!!)
- If you asked for twins, they will text you to let you
- Brother Retreat: February 13th starting at 10 am
- Leadership courses!
- Evening social!
- Word from Buddha: Promotion at Brenen’s--
- For the next 2 days:
- before 11 am - until close @ 7 pm - wear an APO shirt -
lunch and soda for $5 (TUESDAY AND WEDNESDAY)
- PR: pr.aphiodeltagamma at gmail.com
- *Brother of the Week: Grace Graham*
- Historian: historian.aphiodeltagamma at gmail.com
- Picture of the Week: Bid day 2011!
- Relay for Life:
- Committee members:
- Meeting:: Tuesday @ 8 pm at the Front Room
- Start thinking: brother calendar for Mom’s weekend
- Faculty Pageant:
- March 9: 7:00 pm
- Still need teachers, if you know of any, come see us adn we will
get their name and email
- Our committee:
- Meetings on Tuesdays: 7 pm @ Bromley Hall
- Words from Julie - let the profs know about past events, don’t
need to have skills, have them contact her with any questions!
- If subcommittee head - meet after chapter
- Service sign-in box at front
- EMAIL JBOARD BY TODAY ABOUT BEING ASSOCIATE, EARLY ALUM, ETC.
- Happy Can
- Supportive Bro
- Happy Birthday to Kelsie Long!
- Toast Song
Secretary/Alpha Phi Omega Coed Service Fraternity/Chapter Delta Gamma
secretary.aphiodeltagamma at gmail.com<http://secretary%2Eaphiodeltagamma@gmail.com/740.517.0606>
Click on link to view our service map:
APhiO Delta Gamma Service
Alpha Phi Omega DG Exec Emails:
*5k:* 5k.aphiodeltagamma at gmail.com
*Awards:* awards.aphiodeltagamma at gmail.com
*Fellowship:* fellowship.aphiodeltagamma at gmail.com
*Fundraising:* fundraising.aphiodeltagamma at gmail.com
*Historian:* historian.aphiodeltagamma at gmail.com
interchapterrelation.aphiodeltagamma at gmail.com<Interchapterrelations.aphiodeltagamma at gmail.com>
*J-Board:* jboard.aphiodeltagamma at gmail.com
*Membership:* membership.aphiodeltagamma at gmail.com
*Ombudsmen:* ombudsmen.aphiodeltagamma at gmail.com
*President:* president.aphiodeltagamma at gmail.com
*Public Relations: *pr.aphiodeltagamma at gmail.com
*Relay for Life: *relay4life.aphiodeltagamma at gmail.com
*Rush:* rush.aphiodeltagamma at gmail.com
*Service:* service.aphiodeltagamma at gmail.com
*Treasurer:* treasurer.aphiodeltagamma at gmail.com
*Youth Service: *youthservice.aphiodeltagamma at gmail.com
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Aphio-L