[Aphio-L] Chapter Minutes 9/26: "Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail." Ralph Waldo Emerson

APhiO Secretary aphiosecretary at gmail.com
Sun Sep 26 23:20:58 EDT 2010

Hey bros!  Can each family head please email me the Big/Little Night family
costume themes?  Also: Chapter Minutes QUIZ @ end of email!  First THREE
(3!) people to email me the answers, will get a sweet prize!  In LFS,  Jill
(PS Happy Week 4 and good luck with any exams!)

---------------------------

Ohio University

Alpha Phi Omega

Chapter – Delta Gamma

Morton 201

September 26, 2010

8:00 pm

---------------Chapter Minutes--------------------

*Welcome!*

Birthday sign-up being passed around for actives

*Actives: Email Noelle if you didn’t get to write down your birthday:
nd169606 at ohio.edu*

Homecoming queen and king candidates

·      Nominations in chapter; interview process; top 5 girls and top 5 guys
will be selected; campus wide vote

·      Criteria:

o      Senior; accumulative 2.75 GPA or higher; mandatory events to attend

o      Nominations:

§       Guys:

·      *Adjin Clevenger- nominated*

·      Mike Teplitzky

§       Girls:

·      Jan-Marie Ruminski

·      Becky Voress

·      Leigha Kristoff

·      Katie Devlin

·      Zoe Adams

·      Brittany Caronchi

·     * **Laura Hopkins - nominated*

·      Noelle Dobrowolski

·      Britney Gedeon

·      Meghan Tinker

*Service:*

·    *  **WOUB Pledge Drive*

o      October 4- October 8

·      Red Cross Blood Drive

o      Tuesday Noon – 6 pm

o      Wednesday 2 pm – 8 pm

o      Convocation Center

o      Raffling off OSU football and Columbus Blue Jackets tickets!

o      Every blood donation saves 3 lives

o      Help out with Tornado Relief by donating blood!

·      Empower 5k

o      Saturday October 9th

o      www.empowercampaign.org – Join APhiO team!

o      1 service hr for registering

o      1 service hr for running

·      Cardboard City:

o      Raised ~$6000

o      Thanks to everyone who attended and everyone who donated duct tapes
and chips!

·      GKTW- GIVE KIDS THE WORLD:

o      Main goal is to give the families visiting the Village a stress-free
vacation, and we help reach that goal

§       Many reasons to go!

o      Details:

§       Dec. 6th – December 12th OR December 13th – 19th

§       Cost of the trip: $170 - $200

·      Gas, hotel

·      Fundraising opportunities

o      So ya wanna go?

§       Decide what week (or weeks!) you want to go

§       Get $35 to Katie Devlin by Next Sunday, the 3rd to reserve your spot

·      If that’s a problem, let Katie know and we can work something out

§       Get hyped!

o      Questions to

§       Katie.r.devlin at gmail.com

§       Write checks to Katie Devlin

*Fellowship:*

   - Half – zip sweatshirt sign up going around ($18 - $20)
   - *Broomball: Go Flying Eaglers!
   *
      - *Monday at Midnight @ Bird Arena*
      - *Bring OU id; sign up by 2 pm tomorrow on imleagues.com*

*Nationals:*

   - December 27 – December 30
   - *Go to apo.org to register*
      - *Save your receipt*
   - *Register by Nov. 8th for the discounted registration rate of $85*
   - You MUST register and sign up under the Nationals event on our Chapter
   website by November 8th in order to be included in our hotel and
   transportation plans.
      - *Go to leadership and development section of website to sign
up
      *
   - *Each chapter needs two voting delegates*
      - Our chapter will pay the registration fees for both of our
      delegates!
      - If interested in becoming one of our voting delegates, please email
      Britney at interchapterrelations.aphio at gmail.com
   - Hotel and Transportation:
      - $50 per person for all nights
         - ($80 per person if you want to stay for New Years 12/27 – 1/1)
      - We will be taking a charted bus to Atlanta.  It’ll most likely leave
      the night of Dec. 26th
   - *phone # 440-463-8624*
   - *Email Britney Gedeon at interchapterrelations.aphio at gmail.com*

*Membership:*

   - *BiG/LiTtLe WeEk AcTiViTieS!*
   - Monday:
      - Ghosts in the Graveyard, 9 pm college green
   - Tuesday:
      - Bdubs wing night 7 pm
   - Wednesday:
      - Ice cream social @ Britney Gedeon's house on Mound St. from 6-9 pm
      - Morton Parking Lot @ 5:30 for ride
      - Anyone who can drive?  Email the account!
   - Sign up on the website!
   - Counts as a fellowship hour!
   - And the Big/Little Night theme is……
      - Music genres: Each family will pick a genre!
      - Buddha will judge for best family attire! Winners will get a Red
      Bull party!
      - Big/Little Night trophy will pass on from family to family
   - Pledge binders- Actives make yourselves available to help littles out!
   Offer up that John Hancock!

*Youth Service:*

·      Energy Days:

o      Office of Sustainability is looking for volunteers, this is an
educational event for Athens City 3rd – 6th graders all about sustainability
and energy

§       Time Slots:

·      Wed Sep. 29: 9:15 – 11:30 am

·      Wed., Sep. 29: 11:45 am – 2:00 pm

·      Ideas for youth service? Email account: aphioyouthservice at gmail.com

*Ombudsmen:*

·      Anonymous Email:

o      talktoombudsman.aphio at gmail.com

o      Password: athensaphio

o      Send email to ombudsman.aphio at gmail.com

*FUNdraising*:

*·      Weekly puppy chow sales*

·      Trying to get tables for different days each week so more people get
a chance to participate

·      Hot dog sales

·      Saturday Night!

·      Red Brick

·      trying to get charity/FUNdraising serving dates

·      *1 fundraising hr required each quarter – if not completed –
deactivation*1**

·      only events under fundraising events tab on APhiO website

http://apoonline.org/deltagamma/memberhome.php?action=viewsignupsheets&reqid=5

Happy Can

Birthdays

Announcements

Adjourn

-----------------
*CHAPTER MINUTES QUIZ!*

1) What is a great service opportunity this week that helps with tornado
relief?
2) When is the last date to register for Nationals for the discounted
registration price of $85?
3) When (this quarter) do the Flying Eaglers take over Bird Arena to show
off their mad APhiO broomball skills? (day and time)
4) Name one of the Big/Little activities this week that can count as your
required event so that you can attend Big/Little Night on Thursday.
5) Name one of the special service events that is coming up either this week
or next week.
----------------------

--
Secretary