[Aphio-L] New Orleans Winter Break Trip!

Clouse, Sarah sc229207 at ohio.edu
Tue Oct 26 18:19:28 EDT 2010

Hey bros,
I know Gaby's sent out an e-mail or two about this, but I wanted to send out my own personal e-mail encouraging you all to come!
As some of you may or may not know, in addition to Give Kids the World (which is an AWESOME opportunity), we also travel down to New Orleans, Louisiana over both Winter and Spring break to volunteer.

We work with the St. Bernard Project, which works to create housing opportunities so that Hurricane Katrina survivors can return to their homes and communities.  Its a lot like Habitat for Humanity, but instead of building from the ground up, they take structurally sound homes, strip them down to the bare structure, and rebuild from there.  (to find out more about the organization, go to http://www.stbernardproject.org/v158/)

The trip is going to be from December 4-11th.  We'll leave from Athens (most likely), and drive to N'awwwlins.  We'll be volunteering Mon-Fri, the other days we can see the sights!  Cost per day is $25 so that equals $175 for the full trip.  Gas usually runs around $50 per person.  The rest depends on if you want souveniers, to go out for a real cajun meal, etc.  I really reccomend planning on spending at least $300 on this trip.  But it's worth it.  Waaay worth it.

So far, only, liiiike 5 people are definitely signed up to go.  Which means we have approximately 10 spots open for people to come.  I'm not sure if it'll be whoever gets their money in first, or whoever e-mails Gaby first, but please pleaseeee consider coming.  It's an awesome opportunity (my favorite service project!), and you'll be spending a week with some really cool bros helping out a really great cause.

If you're seriously interested in going, please e-mail Gaby Swisher at gswisher1 at gmail.com, or you can reply to this and I'll forward it to her.  Feel free to ask me questions about the awesomeness of this trip! :)

In LFS,
Sarah Clouse

sc229207 at ohio.edu
(724)504-7729