[Aphio-L] APO Membership Academy this summer

Jacob Hagman jacob.hagman at gmail.com
Wed Jun 9 12:37:24 EDT 2010

Happy Finals Week!
     Hope everyone is surviving finals and looking forward to summer break.

     I wanted to remind people of the APO Membership Academy going on this summer.  Link is below, but here are a couple of key bullet points:
When: July 23- 25
Where: Buffalo, New York (Less than 7 hours from Athens)
Cost: $35.  That includes: conference registration, hotel room, and most meals.  I think you would be responsible for dinner on your own on Friday.
Who should go: YOU!
What kind of stuff do they cover:  Just a few things listed below

Rush and Recruiting

Rush Advertising
Developing a Rush Week
Running Effective Interest Meetings
Developing Pledge Programs of Excellence

Developing Big Brother/Mentoring Programs
Running Effective Rituals
Getting and Keeping Pledges Involved
Brother Retention

Membership Retention Plans
Developing Traditions
Motivating Brothers
Dealing with non-performers
Recruiting and Retaining Advisors
Developing Chapters of Excellence

Teaching, Developing and Fostering Brotherhood
Budgeting and Fundraising for Membership Programs
Link: http://www.apo.org/show/National_Programs/Membership_and_Extension/Membership_Academy

Registration deadline is June 28th, so you have some time to think about it.  I am planning on going and I would like to bring a few people along with me.  If you are interested in going, let me know and we can figure the details out.

In LFS,
Buddha