[Aphio-L] Service week 2009! Read me!

Morris, Andrew am311606 at ohio.edu
Sat Oct 31 12:51:18 EDT 2009

 Hello brothers,
I hope everyone is having a fantastic Halloween so far... those of you who were at Cory, Kris, and Susan's last night are well aware that we've already started the weekend out right.  Lucky for us, we can start off a great week on Sunday, because National Service Week 2009 officially begins this weekend.  Here's the deal:

Tomorrow evening (Sunday) is the first day/event.  The library and the Office of Sustainability are collaborating and showing a film ("The Story of Stuff") at 6:00 pm.  The movie highlights America's consumption and waste habits, and is on the 3rd floor of the library in the Friends of the Library Room.  Erica and I figured that we'd throw this out there as a service week opportunity for those of you who will have trouble fitting other activities into your schedule, and since we have pre-rush and chapter on Sunday too, we wanted something small and easy for Sunday.  Shoot us an e-mail if you go so we can give you hours.

As for the rest of the week, be SURE you come to chapter on Sunday so you can sign up.  We won't be doing online signups, so you have to come to chapter to sign up for service week hours!  If you can't make it to chapter, maybe we can e-mail you some options and you can choose, but spots will be very limited once chapter has picked them all over!  Remember, you have to get at minimum 2 hours this week.  Of course, you're always welcome to do more.

Finally, a service/fundraising opportunity that we can all be professionals in... SAVE ALUMINUM CANS THIS WEEKEND!  For every two bags of cans you can save, you'll get a service week hour.  Bring them to chapter on Sunday or the following Sunday (Nov 8th).  We'll collect the bags in a pickup truck and sell them... Voila: recycling and fundraising!  Easy hours!

Thanks guys, sorry for the novel of an e-mail... Let us know if you need anything!

--Andrew and Erica

Andrew Morris

Alpha Phi Omega, National Service Week chair
Ohio University Habitat for Humanity, 5-K chair