[Aphio-L] Chapter Minutes 10/25/09
aphiosecretary at gmail.com
Sun Oct 25 20:33:01 EDT 2009
Chapter Minutes 10/25/09
· Guest Speaker from Red Cross
o Blood Drive on Nov. 3 (Tuesday) from 12-6 in Baker
o Name that weekly
§ Service at the bowling alley that involves games and/or crafts
· ATCO UNO & ATCO CRAFTS
· Tuesdays @ the Rollerbowl on Palmer Street
o ATCO Uno = 3:30-4:30pm
o ATCO Crafts = 4:30-5:30pm
· Play Uno at ATCO Uno and make crafts at ATCO Crafts.
· “ATCO assists individuals with mental retardation and developmental
disabilities to picture their potentials.”
§ Help adults make beautiful artwork
· PASSIONWORKS STUDIO VOLUNTEERS
· Thursdays @ New Passionworks, uptown location behind BP at
· Help ATCO members create Passionwork flowers and artwork in which
they sell to make an income.
§ Prep food, make food or serve food to those in need between class
· MONDAY LUNCH
· Every Monday at UMC (the larger church) at multiple times, 9-10am,
10-11am, 11-12pm, 12-1pm OR 1-2pm.
· Earlier times you will be prepping food and making food anywhere from
salads to desserts
· Lunch times you will be serving or putting the food out to be served.
§ Clean and wash huge pieces of shiny objects
· METAL CLEANING
· Located at old Passionworks, which is on Campbell Street (which is
off of Carpenter Street). If you are by Sonic, you have gone too far!
· WEDNESDAYS at3-4pm OR 4-5pm
· Job is cleaning the large pieces of metal that ATCO uses to create
§ Play games or throw a heavy ball at some white objects
· ATCO REC NIGHT
· Tuesdays at Rollerbowl at 4:30-6pm
· Main job is to help ATCO members have a good time either by bowling
or playing some fun games like Candyland or Monopoly
§ Help four-legged animals that you can ride
· LAST CHANCE CORRAL
· Sundays from 9-12pm
· Meet in Morton Parking Lot, since you have to drive to get there.
· Jobs can consist of cleaning horse stalls to carrying barrels of hay
to grooming the cute horses.
· An easy way to knock out many hours of service with some bros J
§ Hang out with little munchkins
· WEE WIGGLERS
· Thursdays @ 930-1130am located at the Athens Community Center (on
East State Street)
· Set up at different locations to entertain children while their
parents workout or attend meetings at the ACC. These activities vary from
playing tag to finger-painting.
§ Use your math skills by counting the amount of people that walk through
the doors to look at things on the wall
· KENNEDY GALLERY GUARD
· Fridays at 12-230pm OR 230-5pm at the Kennedy Art Museum, located at
· Sit at a chair and count the people who walk through the doors.
· Ideal to sign up with a friend to keep you company or bring some
homework to stay busy!
§ Be a replacement team member or help a team score points by hitting pins
· ATCO LEAGUE HELPERS
· Wednesdays at 5-7pm at Rollerbowl
· Job is to either replace League bowlers who might not be there or to
help team’s by using bowling ramps or scoring
§ Need 10 hours by doing weeklys or special events
§ Can have up to 4 outside hours (which you need to email the service email
prior to doing).
§ For any service event you can only get a MAX of 4 hours.
§ Docked Hours
· If you cannot come to service you MUST NOTIFY 24 HOURS IN ADVANCE to
the service email.
· You want to try to find a replacement for your service sign-up. If
you CANNOT please email us!
§ We have been getting complaints about *cell phone *use. Please keep them
away during service unless an emergency!
§ Sunday 11/1/09 at 7pm
§ Sunday 11/8/09 at 7pm
§ Both in Morton 201
§ Attending ONE is mandatory
o APhiO Pride Day
§ Wednesday, Oct. 28
§ Wear your Rush shirts or an APhiO shirt
§ If you cannot attend an event you signed up to work, you must notify the
chairs of that event 24 hours in advance.
§ Always try to find a replacement for you
§ If you sign-up and do not come without notifying you do not get that hour
plus you have to do another
o Some people still need to send grades in
o Service hours
§ 12 hours total
· 1 fundraising hour
· 2 hours for mandatory service project (service week, 5k, relay)
· 9 other hours
§ If you want to do more than one fundraising hour, they will still count
as service hours!
§ You are always welcome to do more than 12 hours if you have time and are
· Youth Service
o Running Club
§ M-W-F, 3:40-4:20
§ Must be at Chauncey Elementary by 3:20pm
o BBBS Halloween Party
· At least 4 more this Monday 5:30-7
· Meet at Hillel
§ Party after
· All spots full, but you can still stop by to hang out!
· 4:30-9 at Hillel on Mill St. across from Dominos
· DRESS UP
o Sweatshirts for our chapter
§ Greek letters and Ohio University on front
§ Navy hoodie with gold (screen print) writing
§ Approx. $20
· Service Week
o One more week!
o Will have paper sign-ups next week, except for Sunday sign-ups, those
are going to be by email
o T-shirts will be long-sleeved
· Happy Can
· Supportive Bro
Submitted by Secretary Anna Tabor
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Aphio-L