[Aphio-L] Theresa Flores Info

Christina Conrad cc217605 at ohio.edu
Sun May 10 23:38:36 EDT 2009

Hey Aphio!
Once again BBB is calling on you for help. It is a big honor to have Theresa
come share her story with the campus and I feel that we need to be the leaders
that bring her message to others outside of our organization.
Please take a minute to watch her video to get you pumped about her speech
next week. Even more importantly please show it to a class that you believe
may be interested as well (also attached is a poster you can print and hang
around if you so choose).

http://rss.msnbc.msn.com/id/29181173/

Quick event synopsis: Theresa Flores, Tuesday May 19th at 7:00pm Baker
Ballroom.

Her story is horrifying but regrettably not uncommon. She was trafficked at
age 15 by boys in her high school who blackmailed her with photos from her
rape into a two year cycle of psychological brainwashing, torture, rape, and
prostitution. Her story needs to be told in order to shed light on the
presence of sex trafficking and help the victims of this criminal industry.
Remember MEN we NEED you to step up and come. It is regrettably the influence
of men that make trafficking a reality by creating the demand, trafficking
women, and making the laws that give more prison time to people hurting
animals than sexually exploiting children. I know the men in aphio are the
honorable ones so we need your support!!!! :) :) :) Please men, tell your guy
friends and help us combat human trafficking! Girls, tell your boyfriends,
your best guy friends, your professors, everyone. It will be such a help to
have all genders help out! :)

>From me personally and the BBB team thank you so so so much for your continual
support. Aphio is the driving force behind BBB and we wouldn’t function
without you.

Christina Conrad
Ohio University: Social Work Student
513.319.6129