[Aphio-L] Good Works- Breakfast at Timothy's

sp247504 at ohio.edu sp247504 at ohio.edu
Tue Jan 20 16:54:24 EST 2009

Hey brothers,

I hope your quarters are going well and that you are staying warm. I'm so
excited that the 5K this year will benefit Good Works :) I have a very
meaningful service opportunity combining Central Church and Good Works, so if
you are interested in serving people struggling with poverty while practicing
prayer through action, read on...

The Good Work's Timothy House provides shelter for the rural homeless in 9
southeast Ohio counties. Both the Timothy House and Central Avenue Church are
located on Central Avenue (imagine that!). Central, an open-minded and vital
community of Christ followers initiated the "Breakfast at Timothy's" for a
small group of college students last Fall. I joined and our group provided and
prepared breakfast for people staying at the Timothy House on Sunday mornings.
After sharing a meal, we discussed our experiences and then discussed passages
from "Sharing God's Heart for the Poor" which is truly enlightening
literature.

Breakfast at Timothy's was led by a Good Works staff member in the Fall, but
they asked group members to lead the Breakfast in the Winter. I decided to
lead and I'd love to give my brothers the same chance for growth that I was
provided. I'm looking for a committed group to provide, prepare, and practice
faith through serving this winter.
The committment would be:
Sundays beginning February 1st - March 15 (you can miss one if needed!)
8:45AM-10:50AM Sunday mornings (optional 11:00 service at Central to follow)

I thought this winter was the perfect time to bring this up with APhiO's Good
Works 5K! I haven't spoken with the service girls, but I'm assuming that this
could count for hours...Please let me know if you are interested or have any
questions. Stay warm!

In LFS,
Sjanneke