[Aphio-L] chapter minutes

diana christopher dc981806 at ohio.edu
Mon Jan 19 21:08:21 EST 2009

Alpha Phi Omega
Meeting Minutes: 19 January 2009
Chapter #1
8:00 p.m. in Morton 201

Proceedings:
Welcome back, welcome back, welcome back!
Get to know your new families ☺
Next week – “family style” chapter
Rush the rushees anyone?

Speaker from Kids on Campus
Dana Richardson
Amesville 4-6
Dr173304 at ohio.edu - if you have any questions/ want to get more involved
with Kids on Campus

Now its time for a game…

Service
Sign-ins
Thank you for all your service!
Rec Fest
Feb 7 at Ping Center
Need 45 volunteers
First shift 1-4:15pm
Second shift 3:45 – 7pm
ATCO team bowling needs some more people (Weds 5-7)

Gimme Shelter – 5k for Good Works
APOs 13th annual 5k is on Feb 28th, 2009 at noon!
If you cannot make the race, you must let Jboard know by Feb 14th
Spread the word – talk to other organizations you’re involved with
about registering for the race or donating
Send out donation letters to family and friends from home
Letter writing party TBA
Volunteering at GoodWorks
Friday Night Life dinner
Weekday mornings at 8:30am until noon once a week (quarter long commitment)
Weekday evenings – 6pm until 9pm once a week (quarter long)
Organize the food pantry
Computer software training
Fixing bikes or automobiles
Contact us! Aphio5k at gmail.com

Fellowship
Intramural volleyball
Jan 26 530
Feb 2 615
Feb 9 530
Feb 16 615
Feb 23 530
Mar 2 615

Upcoming events!
Ice skating with your bros!
Tuesday feb 3
730-930
Bird Ice Arena
Free Admission w/ student ID; $2 skate rental
Twilight
Sun Feb 15
Run for Joy
Formal – Saturday, March 7th – Sunday, March 8th
At Burr Oak Lodge (dance 830-11pm)
Approx. $45/person
Deadline: Sunday Feb 1st

Membership
Be a good big!
Ask if they have questions
Invite your little to social activities
Make yourself available to them – give them all your contact info
Help them figure out what kind of service they would like to do
Initiation – Thurs, Jan 22 at 630 in Baker Ballroom
After ceremony, all actives will get with their new families and go where
we tell them to go within Baker
We will give your little your fact sheet without your name on it
They will have to go where you are and begin asking questions to figure out
who you are
Once you meet each other, families will hang out for however long they wish
Reminder: Initiation is a Business Casual event
Show our new pledges that we have a very strong brotherhood

Empower Campaign and Jackie O’s Beer Tasting Benefit!
Jan 24th after the basketball game
$15/person  4:30-6
Contact Crystal Edmunds for tickets

Empower!
Casual clothes needed for our secondary schools kids that Hogan can take to
them while he is in Uganda
Email kd265607 at ohio.edu

Polar Bear Plunge!
Feb 14th
Raises money for the Special Olympics
We will be raising money in the name of Gregory G. Harmasek
 Need to raise a $50 min. to participate

FUNdraising
Hot dog sale
Sat Jan 24 10pm-2am
1 pack hot dogs and 1 pack buns (10)
1 bag quick light charcoal (1)
1 bottle ketchup and 1 bottle mustard
Unlimited people to work the event!

Happy Birthdays!
Upcoming Blood Drive Battle with Miami – donate, donate donate!
Grades due tonight to jboard!
Get the five fun fact sheet to Lauren and Sara

Meeting Adjourned
Meeting minutes submitted by secretary, Diana Christopher