[Aphio-L] If all of your friends jumped into a freezing cold lake would you?

Whitney Durban wd329505 at ohio.edu
Tue Feb 10 04:11:35 EST 2009

My Fellow aBEARicans,

I got A LOT of emails about people being interested in the polar bear
plunge so yay for that. If you are definitely going to be there on
Saturday PLEASE RESPOND TO THIS EMAIL (all caps means serious
buisness.) Here is a little more info about the event:

The event is taking place at Strouds Run. Registration begins at
11:30am. There is a costume contest at 1:15pm and the actual plunge
is at 1:30pm. There is a $50 minimum entrance fee (which includes a t-
shirt with APO on the back :)) and all the proceeds will go to the
Special Olympics. It's fun to be there a little early because there
will be a dj and probably sliding around in the mud and people in
questionable costumes. If you need a ride out there let me know and
we can figure out car pooling! Feel free to wear something ridiculous
or completely normal or a mix of the two (which would probably be
something along the lines of shorts and half of a bear costume)

If you are still interested in forming a bake sale to help alleviate
the cost please email me by 7pm on Tuesday. If I have enough people
I'll set up a time for a table in Baker on Thursday and Friday.

If you are on the fence about whether or not you want to participate
let me make one final plea; This event is SO MUCH FUN! Jumping into a
freezing cold lake with your brothers in the name of a good cause is
equivalent to the college snow day sensation we all know and love.
More importantly, it would mean a lot to have a bunch of people there
representing our organization and the memory of Greg Harmasek.

Thanks Friends!

Whitney