[Aphio-L] New Orleans Summer Trip '09

Gaby Swisher gs299707 at ohio.edu
Mon Apr 20 20:48:33 EDT 2009

Hey Guys!

Are you looking for a way to give back to the community this summer? Get out of
your hometown? Hang out with some great bros and make lasting friendships?

Well, boy, do I have an idea for you!

Come to New Orleans!!!

K so enough with that nonsense here's the deal (not set in stone):

When: August 16-21 (or 15-22 or something along those lines)

What: Volunteering with St. Bernard Project, a non profit that works to rebuild
devastated homes from Hurricane Katrina.  (www.stbernardproject.org) << Check it
out!

Where:  St. Bernard Parish, about 20 minutes outside of downtown New Orleans-
we'll stay at Camp Hope, which is a volunteer camp.
(http://www.habitat-nola.org/camp_hope/index.php)

PRICE: In the 200 range, however we do usually go to Bourbon St and out to eat
once or twice, so saving around $300 would be a good option. I'm going to work
to get grants to bring this price down, however.

Here are the two videos I showed at chapter if you missed it/wanted to watch the
whole thing so you will know the history behind the parish (which, by the way,
is Louisianian for county)

"Dreams": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_vY4EaYC04

Help and Hope:
http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=1784714

Shoot me an email back if you're at all interested, you won't be committed to
anything I am just trying to get an idea of who would like to go.

In LFS,

Gaby

Alpha Phi Omega
Rush Chair