[Advert-L] Internship Opportunity

Sacksteder, Noah ns296609 at ohio.edu
Mon Mar 18 15:23:05 EDT 2013

[X]
Hello Ad Clubbers!

I am writing to let you know of an upcoming PAID internship opportunity with Hocking College. I held the position for Spring 2013, but my boss is looking to hire an Autumn Semester intern. Information is listed below, but feel free to contact me with any questions regarding my experience. It is a great opportunity to learn about marketing and PR. Let me know if you have any questions, or are interested and I can recommend you.

Internship title:  Public Relations/Communications Intern

Employer/Company Name:  Hocking College

Employer address:
Street Address: 3301 Hocking Parkway
City: Nelsonville
State: Ohio
Zip Code: 45764

Employer Email address:  allowayl at hocking.edu<mailto:allowayl at hocking.edu>

Employer phone:  (740) 753-6171

Internship contact/Email/title (if different from employer):  Laura Alloway/allowayl at hocking.edu<mailto:allowayl at hocking.edu> /Director of Marketing and Public Relations

Internship responsibilities:  - Gather information, write and edit promotional materials.
- Gather information, write and edit promotional marketing materials.  Work with graphic designer to create marketing pieces.
- Work with deans, departments and instructors to develop and write press releases, marketing materials and internal campus newsletter.
- Write and upload web content within a content management system.
- Update and maintain Hocking College social media pages.
- Directing and taking campus photography, as needed.
- Other writing, editorial, design and clerical assistance, as needed.

Internship qualifications: Extensive writing experience needed; Writing samples required with resume and cover letter.

Skills and software ability needed:  Proficient with Macintosh OS, Adobe InDesign, Microsoft Word

Approximate start and end dates for internship:  By semester, based on Ohio University calendar.

Application deadline:  April 5, 2013

Application details: Resume, cover letter, writing samples.

Stipend amount: $7.85 per hour; Maximum of 19 hours per week.

Noah Sacksteder
Social Media Intern | Nutcase Crunch
Strategic Communication | E.W. Scripps School of Journalism
English | Ohio University
Student Coordinator | Front Room Coffeehouse
ns296609 at ohio.edu